What's new

Picked one up today

ipaq_101

I have 'small' 'default' and 'larger''

I did change it to larger but it didn't make much of a difference in Outlook. It also made all the icon/apps larger which I don't like.

I am not seeing the settings you posted as far as font size percentages. I do have and am using a setting like that in internet explorer
Outlook similar to Internet Explorer has a zoom level bar to the bottom right of the screen, you can increase the font or rather zoom rate there.

OP
raqball

raqball

Thanks for the help but I am not seeing a zoom bar in the mail/outlook app.

If I go to settings - options I can select the font type and size (font size goes from 8-36) but that only appears to effect the font size when I compose an email. Changing that has no effect on received emails. I sent myself test emails from my Gmail and iCloud accounts and the font was super tiny.

OP
raqball

raqball

Screen shot of the text size.

Screenshot (4).png

Sent from outlook is applying the size I am selecting but new email does not.

Maybe I need to factory reset?

Edit to add: Did a complete factory reset and its still the same.. :(

Last edited:

Bandito

The Windows 8.x Mail app is a pretty simple mail client with limited features. I did go through the options as well and didn't see anything that would address the font size displayed for incoming email. Sorry.

OP
raqball

raqball

Thanks..

I've tried just about everything. For now I guess I will use Outlook.com via Internet Explorer. I put the live tile for the mail app to medium size and then put an icon for the IE Outlook link next to it.

That way I can see the live tile update for new email, then I will just click on the IE icon to read and respond.

Kind of a minor bummer as the mail app has a very nice UI. Maybe future updates will fix the issue.

ipaq_101

Thanks..

I've tried just about everything. For now I guess I will use Outlook.com via Internet Explorer. I put the live tile for the mail app to medium size and then put an icon for the IE Outlook link next to it.

That way I can see the live tile update for new email, then I will just click on the IE icon to read and respond.

Kind of a minor bummer as the mail app has a very nice UI. Maybe future updates will fix the issue.

Ah I didn't realize you were using outlook.com, I was referring to the outlook application on the desktop, hence the confusion.

cjf243

I had that problem with outlook 2013 and what I found out was that you can pinch in and out with your finders to make the text bigger or smaller. Once I pinched to make it bigger it stayed that way on all the rest of my emails. Hope that this will solve your issue.

OP
raqball

raqball

Ah I didn't realize you were using outlook.com, I was referring to the outlook application on the desktop, hence the confusion.

I am having the small font issue with / in the Outlook / mail application in metro. Since there is no way to fix the tiny font I am now just going to use Outlook.com.

I went to Best Buy yesterday and spoke to the MS rep. She also confirmed there is no way presently to fix the tiny font in the metro outlook / mail app.

I'm confused as to why you think I've been talking about Outlook.com?

ipaq_101

I am having the small font issue with / in the Outlook application in metro. Since there is no way to fix the tiny font I am now just going to use Outlook.com.

I went to Best Buy yesterday and spoke to the MS rep. She also confirmed there is no way presently to fix the tiny font in the metro outlook app.

I'm confused as to why you think I've been talking about Outlook.com?

With so many ways to access outlook, I didn't understand which version you were using. In any case I don't use the metro app so I wouldn't be much help.

OP
raqball

raqball

Should I try using the Outlook 2013 (non metro mail app).

I need to learn the terminology of Win 8 so I don't confuse people.