What's new

Post your battery life

zhenya

I see all sorts of claims about battery life here. I'd like this thread to be for posting actual battery life as reported by the battery report obtained by running powercfg /batteryreport

If you aren't sure of how to do this, open a command prompt with administrative rights and run the above command. You'll have to move the file it creates to another location to open it. At the bottom of the report is a history of estimated battery life based on your usage. Please post a screen shot of that section here.

Please use this thread primarily to post this specific screenshot. There are plenty of other threads to discuss other aspects of battery life - here I'd like to try to limit it to collecting actual user data in one place.

surface battery life january 2015.PNG

If you feel it relevant, give a general report of your usage patterns. Mine are relatively lightweight, generally in the desktop for browsing, email and office work, but some browsing in MUI Explorer and writing in MUI OneNote.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zhenya

Thanks to our accommodating administrator this thread is open again. Please post your screenshots here but keep other battery discussion to a minimum as there are plenty of other threads to discuss the subject.

kristalsoldier

My most recent one - as of today 1PM GMT, that is.
Battery_Report_28_01.JPG

Edit: And yet I feel that I am not getting the requisite battery life! More details in the battery thread on the first page.

macmee

My battery life is both:

1. better than the battery of my nexus 9

2. good enough not to care about battery life any longer :)

I just recently did a fresh install of 8.1 and my battery life has been stellar. I chose not to install chrome or Dropbox and I'm not sure if that made a difference. But I'm very happy with my results.

upload_2015-1-29_6-48-50.png

OP
Z

zhenya

Wow. Wish I could say the same. Mine yesterday. Same light use as usual. Nothing consuming excessive CPU, and it's throttling as expected.

Capture.PNG

OP
Z

zhenya

Can someone tell me how I can run one of these reports so I might also check? Thank you

Open a command prompt with administrator access. (Search the start screen for 'cmd' right click, run as administrator)

Run the command powercfg /batteryreport

Note the location it saves the report in c:\windows\system32

You will have to move the report out of that folder in order to open it.

kristalsoldier

I just recently did a fresh install of 8.1 and my battery life has been stellar. I chose not to install chrome or Dropbox and I'm not sure if that made a difference. But I'm very happy with my results.

So, this means that you reset 8.1 - not refreshed the device? And, if you don't mind my asking, when did you buy your SP3? I am asking because I bought mine in June 2014 - on launch day - and have not done anything to it since (resetting or refreshing). Thanks in advance.