What's new

Power Saving Options - Please don't stop the music

ryan996

I have my Surface Book connected to an external monitor through the surface dock. My PC speakers are connected through the monitor's USB hub rather than the surface dock. I am trying to find a power plan setting that turns of the display after (x) mins of inactivity, while music from Spotify/iTunes keeps playing. As soon as my monitor turns off, the music stops shortly after, though the computer is not set to sleep. Some other PC manufacturers with custom settings for power management have a feature to allow media to keep playing when the display is turned off. It was never an issue on my MB Pro either. Any suggestions on the SB?

leeshor

Under power & Sleep. There are 2 primary settings. screen & sleep. Set the screen to turn off after x minutes and the sleep to never.

OP
R

ryan996

I can assure you on my Surface Book as soon as the screen goes to sleep, the output to audio is terminated within 1-2 seconds even if the PC is not set to sleep.

leeshor

Try Groove. legacy 32-bit apps are having issues with understanding how Skylake handles sleep.I still feel there is a setting missing but I can't say what without more coffee.