What's new

QUestion about Pinned Sites - Surface RT ---> Win Pro 8

kristalsoldier

SOLVED: QUestion about Pinned Sites - Surface RT ---> Win Pro 8

Hi...

Had a quick question. Both my Surface and my main Win 8 Pro machines are signed into the same Microsoft Account. Is it possible for me to have the pinned sites (not Favourites) on the Win 8 Pro machine's Metro IE10 to sync and show up on the RT (Metro IE10)?

Thanks

Last edited:

hotphil

Mine are synced - must be one of the Sync your Settings options in the Change PC Settings option from the Modern UI Charm.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Mine are synced - must be one of the Sync your Settings options in the Change PC Settings option from the Modern UI Charm.
I checked on both machines and the settings are all set to sync. Still missing some pinned sites on the RT which are on the Win 8 Pro machine. I wonder why?

bosamar

It's found at Settings > Change PC settings > Sync your settings > Settings to sync > Other Windows settings (turn these on).

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

It's found at Settings > Change PC settings > Sync your settings > Settings to sync > Other Windows settings (turn these on).
All these are set on "ON" on both machines.

Edit: The favourites are synced all right. Just the pinned sites are not.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

OK. I worked it out. Refreshing my desktop machine and the RT did it. I don't know why or what happened, but the problem got fixed. I got this info off a MS board where a few people were complaining about the same thing. Apparently, it is a rare occurrence.

Search tags for this page

customize pinned sites windows rt

customize surface rt pinned web sights

do you lose pinned websites when refreshing surface rt

how to rempve pinned sites from surface rt

how to sync pinned websites from pc to surface

pinned sites windows rt

surface pinned site

surface rt copy pinned sites

sync pinned site

windows 8 pinned sites sync

Members online