What's new

Quick Q: SP4 i5 limited or full touch support

nuttyone

Hi
Pretty much in the title, I noticed the other day that in Computer properties it says "Pen and limited touch support with 10 touch points". I'm on the SP4 i5 256GB/8GB. It seems strange that a new 'high-end' device such as the SP4 would only have limited touch support?

I don't have any particular issues with it, just wondered if people had the same?

Marc

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi
Pretty much in the title, I noticed the other day that in Computer properties it says "Pen and limited touch support with 10 touch points". I'm on the SP4 i5 256GB/8GB. It seems strange that a new 'high-end' device such as the SP4 would only have limited touch support?

I don't have any particular issues with it, just wondered if people had the same?

Marc
That is because you are looking at the legacy control panel vs. The About Section ender PC Settings.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ah thanks! So they've just dropped the "full" or "limited" terminology..
In the legacy control panel if the device doesn't support the maximum number of touch points it is listed as limited, as Windows 10 has the native support for unlimited number of Touch points it didn't make sense to differentiate between limited vs. full touch support.