What's new

Solved Ran Updates, now Start Menu wont work

OP
T

taylork1

Now I'm really in trouble. I was totally frozen so crashed and rebooted and noticed my WiFi wasnt connected. And now, I can't right click on the start menu. There are no icons on my toolbar. Can't get back to the CLI to do a scan. It's there a way to do a safe boot?

What are my options? Do you know if there is a service at Microsoft that will restore the Surface?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Now I'm really in trouble. I was totally frozen so crashed and rebooted and noticed my WiFi wasnt connected. And now, I can't right click on the start menu. There are no icons on my toolbar. Can't get back to the CLI to do a scan. It's there a way to do a safe boot?

What are my options? Do you know if there is a service at Microsoft that will restore the Surface?
It maybe time for an exchange....

OP
T

taylork1

I just opened a support case with Microsoft. My Surface is ready to go. Please let this be a straight forward process.... I'll post back here with an update. So glad I made the backup of my personal files. I got my old Lenovo out of mothballs and will limp along for a week.

thanks again, you really helped.

OP
T

taylork1

Hurray! I created the case on Microsoft.com and they sent me a mailing label. I boxed up the Surface, mailed it in, and 2 days later, I had a replacement in the mail. I just received it, preinstalled with Windows 10, and am typing this reply on it. Imagine that - a clean install and everything works as advertised.

Microsoft Surface service is the BEST - I'm a fan :)

Karen.