What's new

Really annoying Google Search behavior with Internet Explorer

This just started happening where if, I perform a Google search and then click on a result I can't go back to the previous search results without pressing the back button twice or swiping twice.

Tested this on my desktop and it doesn't happen. They are running the same version with the latest security update.

This doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox. And it only happens with a google search.

It seems like Google is taking me to a redirect page when click on a link and that becomes part of the browser history. In Chrome and Firefox that redirect link is ignored in the history.

Any suggestions? Or anyone else notice this behavior?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Google is going out of its way to harm anyone's experience who wants to use MS Technology to access Google Services, they have a Trojan called Chrome that would prefer you use as their goal is to usurp the Windows OS as they turn on more features within Chrome for their App Suite you will feel compelled to use their browser, eventually you will find yourself using a Chromebook even though you bought a premium Windows Tablet.

snd_fx

I use google on IE (both desktop and metro) and don't experience the issue at the moment. I do recall experiencing it on random occasion with my Asus T100, not yet on my SP3.

I don't use any other browser on my SP3. I did have chrome installed on the Asus T100, but I did not use it.

bluegrass

This just started happening where if, I perform a Google search and then click on a result I can't go back to the previous search results without pressing the back button twice or swiping twice.

Tested this on my desktop and it doesn't happen. They are running the same version with the latest security update.

This doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox. And it only happens with a google search.

It seems like Google is taking me to a redirect page when click on a link and that becomes part of the browser history. In Chrome and Firefox that redirect link is ignored in the history.

Any suggestions? Or anyone else notice this behavior?

I would tell you the same as I would tell my customers, if another browser works the Google search engine like you like, than use a different browser such as Firefox, not Chrome. It's been said before and I'll emphasize it again, none of our Surface Pro 3's or the same after we set them up. Things happen. Google happens to be my favorite search engine. I even setup all my users with Google as the default home page. I'm beginning to feel like it's about time to start checking out and comparing Bing with Google. I don't like Google tactics with pushing Chrome in my face every time I turn around. Yes, I'll be honest, I'm a Microsoft junkie.

kundas1

google is the worst search engine and ugly! IMHO bing has the best user/search out of all of them! also never have any problems with crashing/freezing which happens all the time in google!

OP
L

laestrella

I'm slowly finding out that Google and MS don't play nicely together. Before getting a Surface, Chrome was my browser of choice but it sucks on the Surface. I've now transitioned to IE but I guess I have to make another sacrifice.

Thanks guys..

malberttoo

Google is going out of its way to harm anyone's experience who wants to use MS Technology to access Google Services, they have a Trojan called Chrome that would prefer you use as their goal is to usurp the Windows OS as they turn on more features within Chrome for their App Suite you will feel compelled to use their browser, eventually you will find yourself using a Chromebook even though you bought a premium Windows Tablet.

I have almost zero issues using Chrome, and I am a heavy Google user. If I had to switch to IE in the interest of having a better experience on my SP3, I would do it without hesitation, except that I really like the instant bookmark syncing that Chrome does across multiple browsers. I use a work machine daily, as well as my SP3. I don't believe I can get IE to sync bookmarks for me, since I'm signed into a domain account on my work machine and a Microsoft account on my SP3.

I do really like the approach that Microsoft takes with syncing your settings to OneDrive, but I don't like that it seems to be (I'm still figuring some of it out) an all-or-nothing approach. I would love to have the ability to sign into only IE as a certain user (like I can with Chrome), regardless of how I am signed into the PC.

Definitely not saying Chrome is better than IE or anything like that. I don't believe that.