leeshor
Well-Known Member
Do you have a microSD card installed? That frequently prevents the install from completing.
Did the Surface team say or hint at what they would change? I am curious to know what they tried to tweak.I chatted yesterday with the Surface team yesterday and they really messed up my SP4. Before this I was having the occasional black screen, but standby battery life was HORRIBLE. I mean, 5% in 10 minutes! So I chatted with them and they told me that it could be a defective unit, but 70% of the cases they found were software related. Anyways, they took control of my device and did their magic and screwed it up completely to the point where i couldn't even open the Windows Store.
Anyways, so I decided to download the image from Microsoft's website and I formatted the USB drive in Fat32 and then copied the files over, as per their instructions. It's now stuck at 7%.
When I installed the TH2 update it took well over an hour, and my SP2 did it in 15-20 minutes.
Anyways, I'm starting to think that this device is defective. I did have a MicroSD card installed. Mid "resetting this PC 7%" I took it out, I don't know if it'll change. I don't know if I should shut it down and try again!
My device is the i5 version with 4gb ram.
Did the Surface team say or hint at what they would change? I am curious to know what they tried to tweak.
Here's your i5 compared to some other i5 SP4sI have the i5 4gb 128gb
Here is a screen shot of my results. I did them just for this
PassMark Software - Display Baseline ID# 511690
It would seem so. I'm going to update the SSD drivers and test again another day just to see.here's the disk test breakdown, yours is still the red line.
Seems to be a wide performance range
View attachment 7383