What's new

Saving space using Skydrive?

gman713

I've been researching these forums, but can't figure out how to upload 20 GB of photos and 10 GB of media without having it automatically sync back to my local drive?? I still want Skydrive to sync my settings, but is there any way to keep my larger files in the cloud?

kristalsoldier

Yes, there is. You can choose which files and folders you want online and offline. The latter will have a copy on your local machine. I believe you can also move the SkyDrive folder on your machine to the SD card, which will save you some space. See here: How to Sync SkyDrive to a Removable Micro SD Card | Total Surface Area You should also take a look at this - this is for 8.1 and is much easier (though I have not yet tried it): http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-location-of-skydrive-folder-windows-8-1

Last edited:
OP
G

gman713

Thanks, guys! Pretty surprised no new posts have been added since I added this one yesterday morning.

OP
G

gman713

Oh, yeah...sorry about that! I meant no new unique posts since I posted yesterday. Your responses were very helpful! I guess the Surface is still kind of a niche device compared to its competitors on other forums.