What's new

Screen protector with privacy feature

Russ

Drowe, et al --

This will not be useful, but is just for your amusement. I traveled with a laptop for years, and often shared your concern. Flight time was work time for me -- often getting reports done, so I wouldn't have to do them later.

On one flight, the woman in the next seat kept leaning over and reading what I was writing -- which happened to be a recommendation about a particular project. I closed that document and started another. It went sorta like this:

"Dear Mom,

I visited my psychiatrist today. He thinks I am getting better. I hope so, because I would hate to kill again. . . ."

That solved the problem. The woman tried to crawl under her seat, and I went back to writing my report.

:)

Russ

Russ

Arnold --

My first travel computer was a Tandy TRS-80, Model 100. I went through all the steps after that. Paraphrasing an olde commercial, "We've come a long way, Baby."

Regards,
Russ

ArnoldC

Arnold --

My first travel computer was a Tandy TRS-80, Model 100. I went through all the steps after that. Paraphrasing an olde commercial, "We've come a long way, Baby."

Regards,
Russ

Yes, $700 for staggering 8K :) I had the Pocket Computer ;)

flight

Yep, standard screens aren't very expensive but they've got you on the hook when it comes to privacy screens and the cost as you have noted is much higher. Other potentially cheaper solutions are to use wings of some sort. You could fashion something like this for example that while may be more of a pain to deploy is cheaper and you don't have to use it when not necessary.

I imagine two L pieces (possibly book ends?) with possibly hinges at the corners and then you slide one portion under the bottom of the surface and the wings act as blinders on the sides.
*image*
This option is still $35 Kantek Visor (MV1921B) Security/Privacy for 19-21 in. - Monitor Accessories - Product Reviews and Prices - Shopping.com.

If I saw that in public, I'd be more likely to try to look at the content of the person's since it looks so suspicious. :p

That would certainly work.... Nobody would come around because somebody might think they were associated with him! :big smile:

I've used a monitor visor like that, although it was cardboard and home made, when I had horrible glare, but I did get laughed at!

Haha! How about those vintage camera light covers?