What's new

Seen today at a tech conference...

strollin

There are plenty of was to pickup a USB power source. I even have an 1 to 3 outlet expander with USB power port. we all probably have an old or odd brick with USB power available in a drawer somewhere.
I have a slew of wall warts with a microUSB connector to charge cell phones and such but not much in the way of a full size USB connector to use as a power source. The USB pigtail is really only a good solution for newer TVs/monitors that have a USB port to use for power.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a slew of wall warts with a microUSB connector to charge cell phones and such but not much in the way of a full size USB connector to use as a power source. The USB pigtail is really only a good solution for newer TVs/monitors that have a USB port to use for power.
That's what adapters and long cables are for... look I'm not saying its pretty like a purpose made thing but if USB power is holding you back there's a way to do it and it wont cost you the price of a new TV. :)

strollin

My point is that there are other Miracast adapters out there that do meet my criteria with no need for adapters. For newer TVs this is great, not so for older TVs.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
My point is that there are other Miracast adapters out there that do meet my criteria with no need for adapters. For newer TVs this is great, not so for older TVs.
Fair, I guess you didn't really make your point till now.

But for anyone that wants or needs an adapter you are sure to find something somewhere