What's new

Slight separation between bezel and glass

Jordi32

Dear forum members,

I noticed yesterday that on the top left side of the Surface Pro 3. There also seems to be a slight protrusion of the lighter bezel where it joins the darker bezel (right next to the power volume button).

I can see that there is some dust deposited already between the bezel and the glass in that area.

It is very hard for me to describe. I am attaching a picture so that you can see the area I am talking about, even though you won´t probably see the issue (if it is indeed an issue).

Has anyone else noticed that? Should I be concerned the bezel may with time get more detached from the glass?

Thank you for your input in advance.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Jordi

Attachments

• COMPUTER.jpg
    COMPUTER.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 767
OP
J

Jordi32

Liam, I know. This is the best I could do with my Iphone. I took the picture for you guys to know where to look with your Surface Pro 3´s.

I will take another one :).

Last edited:

Maximus3D

It could just be a part of manufacturing tolerances as certain materials used in production expands and contracts as the Surface is in use. Small gaps makes sure the device will not crack.

/ Magnus

OP
J

Jordi32

Dear Jimizzle,

Thank you for posting your picture. I don´t see exactly what the location of your issue is. Can you please tell me exactly? Is the bezel that is not flush or the screen?

I bought mine at the Microsoft store in San Diego, California.