What's new

Slow

OP
M

Mrzocor

Sounds like there are bigger issues with the device. I don't have to reboot JUST to watch a video stutter free WITH audio EVERYTIME. Very rarely do I have to reboot due to audio not working PROPERLY on my Surface 3. Sometimes it plays, but I can hear a tiny bit of static in the background and a restart resolves the issue for days before the static returns.

Video always plays back smoothly, even at 4K quality, for me. Maybe it's an internet speed issue? I'm currently at 85mbps down and 25mbps up so I don't experience any issues with video streaming. What are your current speeds?
Can't believe you don't have any problems. I have had problems since day 1. Videos don't play stutter free. They don't play at all. Sometimes I have to reboot twice before they play. All I can do just to type this response it's so jerky.

OP
M

Mrzocor

Sounds like there are bigger issues with the device. I don't have to reboot JUST to watch a video stutter free WITH audio EVERYTIME. Very rarely do I have to reboot due to audio not working PROPERLY on my Surface 3. Sometimes it plays, but I can hear a tiny bit of static in the background and a restart resolves the issue for days before the static returns.

Video always plays back smoothly, even at 4K quality, for me. Maybe it's an internet speed issue? I'm currently at 85mbps down and 25mbps up so I don't experience any issues with video streaming. What are your current speeds?
85mbs down? I'm at something like 17! How do you get 85?

kristalsoldier

Anniversary Update yet? That or firmware update from earlier this month. After installing the anniversary update alone I noticed a huge performance increase. Really impressed with the speed difference! Definitely did not run slow for me....

Yeps, I will second this. I also noticed a significant difference in speed and slickness. I have since moved to the Release Preview with no hassles and the machine remains as fast as before.

Turbo4AWD

Attachments

• Screenshot (12).png
    Screenshot (12).png
    42.9 KB · Views: 504
I have a problem playing embedded video, but only after I've watched a few previously, and have music playing (via MusicBee), have checked my email, Facebook and any other forum I post on. A reboot is required about 2 hours in to every session.

My browser of choice is Firefox and other than the RAM overload, I don't have a problem.