What's new

Smart lid

cvc988

Where is the setting for what happens when you close a smart lid like the keyboard? Under power settings where it says when you close the lid the only options are shut down, do nothing or hibernate but shouldn't it be sleep?

Liam2349

It enters connected standby by default.

Go to Power Options, then on the left there is a link about choosing what closing the lid does.

Anyone know how to share a screenshot? As in double tap the pen, crop and put that picture into a post like this?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Take your screenshot, then use the "Upload a File" or "More Options..." buttons before you "Post Reply".

ruinah

I know mine doesn't quite do what it is supposed to do when I close the keyboard up. Half the time the SP3 gets warm because the screen never turns off. Last night in tablet mode, I hit the power button to sleep the device, laid it on my nightstand. I looked over after about 10 minutes and the screen was on. Never hit a button, didn't touch it and it was surely off when I placed it on the nightstand. This was without the keyboard attached.

OP
C

cvc988

It enters connected standby by default.

Go to Power Options, then on the left there is a link about choosing what closing the lid does.

Anyone know how to share a screenshot? As in double tap the pen, crop and put that picture into a post like this?

This is where I said I was in the OP but sleep isn't an option. Just hibernate and shut down.

OP
C

cvc988

Also pressing the power button is set to hibernate but when I press it, it asks me if I want to shut down

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have Hyper-V enabled? Have you installed Visual Studio? Have you done the Hibernate Hack listed in the other Thread?

If you have answered yes to any of the above, chances are Connected Standby (The only form of Sleep available on the SP3) has been disabled...

Liam2349

This is where I said I was in the OP but sleep isn't an option. Just hibernate and shut down.

upload_2014-9-18_21-55-17.png

Here is what I see.