What's new

So...has the SP3 replaced your laptop?

malberttoo

By the way, Google any phrase from that text, and the Google link will let you read the article without registering.

kristalsoldier

Thanks! But this gives no insight into why the decision was taken not to open either the store in the UK or elsewhere (outside the US, that is). Maybe they have a strategy in place and there is also the fact that they are not - like Apple - totally consumer facing. But if they want their phone market to widen and provide access, they have to pursue a retail strategy and that means opening up store - especially in markets where MS phones are not bound by carrier dictates (like in North America).

malberttoo

Thanks! But this gives no insight into why the decision was taken not to open either the store in the UK or elsewhere (outside the US, that is). Maybe they have a strategy in place and there is also the fact that they are not - like Apple - totally consumer facing. But if they want their phone market to widen and provide access, they have to pursue a retail strategy and that means opening up store - especially in markets where MS phones are not bound by carrier dictates (like in North America).

I only supplied the article to answer the question why there is no MS store in London- because their UK retail entity has dissolved. As for why MS allowed that to happen, it is an interesting question. It would also be interesting I think to determine how long it took Apple to build up enough momentum with their stores in the US, before they moved outside of North America. Perhaps similar issues are constraining MS as well.

B

B'midbar

I no longer have a desktop nor other tablet. I have my SP3 with the dock and all that for my "desktop" and my Galaxy Note3. Between those two wonderful devices, I have everything I need for business and personal stuff. I'm sure the SP4 will be nicer, as is, I'm sure, the Note4, but until finances improve, I plan to stay with the SP3 and Note3 for quite some time.

Doubt seriously the SP4 will go beyond the current 512GB/8GB max of the SP3 so short of thinning the bezel and making a bigger LCD in the same footprint, when the SP4's do come out I'll probably use the deflated prices on the SP3s at that time to upgrade to a 512GB/8GB unit given that the SP4 will most likely be Skylake.

kristalsoldier

Doubt seriously the SP4 will go beyond the current 512GB/8GB max of the SP3 so short of thinning the bezel and making a bigger LCD in the same footprint, when the SP4's do come out I'll probably use the deflated prices on the SP3s at that time to upgrade to a 512GB/8GB unit given that the SP4 will most likely be Skylake.

May have some - but not much - of battery improvements. If I see this, then I will probably upgrade, else, your plans sounds just about right!

RémiM

My biggest gripe though with regard to marketing and brand awareness though, is open a god damned MS shop in london already. I cannot fathom it. Not one store in the whole of the UK.

FYI, MS has no store in eastern Canada either, and just a few in central and western Canada. Odd choice too. Montreal, Québec city, Halifax, nothing. And we are not far at all from the US.

Haldi

there are 3 Stores in Switzerland :D for 8 million people.

PgToH2M.png

Haldi

you're probably right!
All stuff i got from the support (new charger, pen peaks) i got directly from Czech.