What's new

(Solution) stretched screen games and high resolution desktop

Hi guys,we've all had this problem in some games when we choose a lower resolution to 1080p,to solve this was easier to change the desktop resolution to 1600 X 900,therefore it is not very nice.

The problem is that the resolution 1920 X 1080 keeps your screen scale,need to leave it scaled to full screen.

Started,downloaded drivers from Intel Iris here

We have uninstalled the and install with the option of using disk (igdlh64.inf),after install have to reinstall from the (setup),restart..

Open folder and let C:

308z41d.png

1zdvkif.jpg

-> Windows/system32/

2yuzqrs.png

2eeblsw.png

Run CustomModeApp2_0

10611f8.png

15pnwnb.png

Now create a resolution 1920 x 1078 60Hz and add.

28s4y9d.png

Restart the surface (important)

Now we right click on desktop -> change resolution

Advanced settings

2ykdqiw.png

View all modes

atswmu.png

We choose the resolution that we have created (1920 x 1078 - 60Hz)

1zl8ys2.png

Accepting.

2yzlxrk.png

All set, now we have a similar resolution to 1920 x 1080 (will not notice the difference).:wink:

A look at the control panel

xg9x5u.png

Now you will not have problems in games to stretch the screen and maintain a nearly identical resolution to 1080p.

33aqfet.png

I recommend.

PD/Sorry for my english.:cry:

Greetings.:wink:

Last edited:

kozak79

Is there anyway (registry hack?) to enable this option for 1920x1080 resolution? I use 3D and Design software and need all the pixels I can get. Plus reducing the vertical resolution by 10 pixels would make it a bit blurry, wouldn't it?

GoodBytes

Is there anyway (registry hack?) to enable this option for 1920x1080 resolution? I use 3D and Design software and need all the pixels I can get. Plus reducing the vertical resolution by 10 pixels would make it a bit blurry, wouldn't it?
I have currently not found it when I looked through at the driver configurations in the registry.

GoodBytes

If you are under Windows 10, Windows 10 will re-install the firmware and you'll lose the drivers that you just installed.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are under Windows 10, Windows 10 will re-install the firmware and you'll lose the drivers that you just installed.

I have my Windows set not to update drivers unless I tell it to. But your right - if thats not set - it will trudge along with whatever in the heck it wants to do...