What's new

Solved SP3 Connects to Network, but can't access internet.

remode

I was browsing on the web yesterday when the internet stopped and I assumed it was my shitty router since it can do that at times. I checked today and it still can't open up a page or download updates.I also tested connecting to 3 different networks and the problem still persisted. I just want to make sure there's something I haven't considered or a possible fix before I have to send it back since it's under warranty.

Any advice?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try pinging the following addresses 127.0.0.1.
your default gateway address usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 depending on your router.
Abc.com
Open a command prompt and issue the following command
Ping 127.0.0.1
You should get 4 replies

Then do: ipconfig /all
Look for a li e that says Default Gateway, note the address and ping that address. (mine is 192.168.1.1)
Ping 192.168.1.1
You should get 4 replies

Ping abc.com

You should get 4 replies from 199.181.132.250

let us know how that goes.

OP
R

remode

Try pinging the following addresses 127.0.0.1.
your default gateway address usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 depending on your router.
Abc.com
Open a command prompt and issue the following command
Ping 127.0.0.1
You should get 4 replies

Then do: ipconfig /all
Look for a li e that says Default Gateway, note the address and ping that address. (mine is 192.168.1.1)
Ping 192.168.1.1
You should get 4 replies

Ping abc.com

You should get 4 replies from 199.181.132.250

let us know how that goes.
Got all the replies for abc, 127, and the default gatweay. Decided to click on the internet right after and google managed to open (have that as homepage), however couldn't open a webpage after.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which browser are you using? try deleting offline content...
What Antivirus and firewall are you running?

Does your email work? can you send yourself a message?

Last edited:
OP
R

remode

Wow I think it may have been a weird antivirus issue. I use avast but I tried clicking on it and it wouldn't open (even as administrator), however somehow my skype managed to go online. So I restarted it and somehow stuff is working now haha, I did get a new notification when I restarted about some firewall settings being changed on Avast. If you didn't suggest this I would have probably sent it back in, so thanks!