What's new

Stopped Using Keyboard

ibenzawla

I recently bought a nice looking Type Cover 2 for my Surface RT and I really like it. Works well and very responsive. Also stands out. However of late I have not been using it with my Surface. I have come to realize that its much more natural to use the Surface without a keyboard. It is designed for touching and swiping plus the onscreen keyboard is probably the best I have used so far. I believe that I can type faster on it than the Type keyboard. I got a nice case stand mainly because the built in kickstand is mostly useless as it doesn't position well for a guy like me. I find myself using something to rest the tablet which is not good. My Surface keeps getting better and I see NO reason to upgrade or get rid of it in the foreseeable future.

Yes, I love my Surface as well but I couldn't do without the Type Cover because it's so convenient and easy to use (like using a keyboard with a PC in fact) and leaves plenty of space on the screen which would be lost if I used the screen keys. I also use the kickstand a lot whether working on a table or on my knee but I guess this is really a matter of 'horses for courses.'

Richard

FFX

It is designed for touching and swiping plus the onscreen keyboard is probably the best I have used so far. I believe that I can type faster on it than the Type keyboard. I got a nice case stand mainly because the built in kickstand is mostly useless as it doesn't position well for a guy like me.

Sounds like this case would be perfect for you. Its currently discussed in the accessory forum.
FreedomCase | The freedom to use your Surface anywhere.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chrisleung/freedomcase-adjustable-stand-and-case-for-microsof

OP
I

ibenzawla

Thanks for all your responses. Really like the case that is suggested above. I haven't seen anything like it. Hope all goes well.