What's new

Surface Book 2016 improvements

unruledboy

yeah, I know, its very first version is still in pre-order, but I watched the specs over and over again, more than 20 times of the videos, tons of hands-on, inside interviews etc, etc.

now, here comes what I believe the next version of Surface Book could be imprved:
  • the gap could be narrowed
  • USB Type-C support
  • Battery life of the clipboard increass from 4 hours to 5-6 hours, without increasing the weight
  • the win logo will glow
  • fingerprint
  • LTE

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Gap eliminated, hinge redesigned, no wobble - rock solid.
  • Smart Frame - in Laptop Mode the bezels are ultra thin with 14.5" screen , in Clipboard mode the bezel increases so you can hold it 13.5" active.
  • Fingerprint reader embedded in the screen.
  • Pen button to disable touch while using the pen.
  • 5-6 hour tablet/clipboard battery
  • Backside RealSense Cameras with accurate 3D imaging and measurement system. example: Photo snap of a room puts the dimensions of the room and other objects into the photo. Photo of wall gets dimensions of wall, windows, doors. Switches, outlets...
  • WiGig wireless networking, wireless display, and wireless docking for expanded capabilities.
  • Optional Power Lid - Click the pen and the lid raises and fires up your favorite app. :D

Talldog

IMO, if they don't do anything else, they have to get more battery in the clipboard. That's the only thing keeping me from buying it.