What's new

Surface broke :(

Ruffles

Last night, my type cover stopped working. I connect it and it works for about a min and then stops. I tried a second cover and it does the same thing. Then I did a full restore of the device and it still happens. I talked to MS and they are sending a replacement :(. I'm bummed. I needed it for tomorrow.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

Yeah. It still works fine without the keyboard but there's really no point. I formatted it while trying to sort it out and I don't want to go to the trouble of reinstalling everything when I'll have to do it all over again in a couple days when the replacement comes.
Interestingly, after a second restore and fiddling around with it, the keyboard seems to stay working but the trackpad now reacts very slow and the mouse keeps moving after I take my finger off.

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

I stopped by Best Buy on the way home and confirmed it's a bad Surface. My keyboard on their demo works fine and their keyboard on my Surface shows the same lag. It's going to be a long weekend without it :(.

UMPC_Guy

I stopped by Best Buy on the way home and confirmed it's a bad Surface. My keyboard on their demo works fine and their keyboard on my Surface shows the same lag. It's going to be a long weekend without it :(.
Bluetooth keyboard? The Wedge KB is pretty nice, comes with a stand.

Search tags for this page
microsoft surface keyboard stopped working
my type cover btoke
surface pro 2 type cover broken
surface pro keyboard stopped working

surface pro type cover stopped working

surface rt keyboard stopped working
surface type civee broke

surface type cover stops working

surface type keyboard stopped working

type cover broke surface

Members online