What's new

Surface Pro 2 1.9 CPU Lot Numbers

neegal

Today I bought a Surface Pro 2 from John Lewis UK and so disappointed to find that it's got a rattling noise, like a couple of loose screws inside. It's going back.

Somehow I was also given a lot #1344 even though they've been out of stock since xmas so no surprise its a 4200U.... will be cancelling my order unless they have a 1351 or newer lot in stock.

tinycg

I'm getting a replacement so it's not 100% in line with this thread but I'm curious about serial numbering, are people seeing higher serial numbers, ala don't start with 00 in the newer lots or does it seem random. I ask because it appears the replacement being sent to me is a significantly lower number by almost half to my current SP2 that was a lot 1344 which would indicate its even older which is troublesome.

Redwill

Hi!

Purcahsed on the 03 January 2014

Lot 1345 128Gbs whit 4200U in Spain :(

I'd been told that until the end of February there will be no replacements they have to sell all the stock

Last edited:

Redwill

And mi question is, since microsoft doesn't state the specifications of the cpu, that could mean, that in the same way they changed the CPU to the 4300U, they could come back to the 4200U, what happens if they return to the 4200U after some batches of 4300U ?

Are we going to wait that much just for nothing xD?

I'm going to wait until the end of February, or in case I get advised that the lot 1351 is avaible

CreativeLemming

And mi question is, since microsoft doesn't state the specifications of the cpu, that could mean, that in the same way they changed the CPU to the 4300U, they could come back to the 4200U, what happens if they return to the 4200U after some batches of 4300U ?

Are we going to wait that much just for nothing xD?

I'm going to wait until the end of February, or in case I get advised that the lot 1351 is avaible

Redwill, what's wrong with your device that needsa replacement. Maybe we can help?

Redwill

Thank you very much, not really, the unit was flawless and I love it, but I purchased it just the same day it got exposed this processor update for this tablet, and a returned just 3 days after, the reason that I think it's just that if I expend almost 1000€ in the device, I will rather got the best of it, because I want it to last, I love the surface pro it's a great device honestly but I could wait just one o two months to get what I want, im willing to use the device about 2/3 years, and as they said some messages a go, the second hand re-selling its a factor for me two.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Thank you very much, not really, the unit was flawless and I love it, but I purchased it just the same day it got exposed this processor update for this tablet, and a returned just 3 days after, the reason that I think it's just that if I expend almost 1000€ in the device, I will rather got the best of it, because I want it to last, I love the surface pro it's a great device honestly but I could wait just one o two months to get what I want, im willing to use the device about 2/3 years, and as they said some messages a go, the second hand re-selling its a factor for me two.

I sent mine back because mine had the dimming screen. I'm glad I got the 4300u because I plan to resell it in 8-10 months. But for you if your unit is working great I would never send it back because you will be lucky to get another unit that works as good as the one that you have now. For me maybe the 4300u might be worth $25-$50 more than the 4200u in 8-10 months who knows? So if I had a good working tablet I would never risk swapping it just for that, especially since you mention using it for 2-3 years.

Something else is that since I've now had both I can tell you that I haven't noticed any difference in speed or performance.

nadeem

MicrosoftStore.com is shipping all models with New Processor, 4300

I got my bestbuy order delivered today (9th of Jan.) having ordered on the 8th. 512Gb version, lot #1351, [email protected]

Good luck to the rest of you.

I just placed order with 512gb and have been told that according to internal memo to them three days ago, all shipments are with new processor.

smar

For those in the UK, I've just had an advance replacement on a 256gb unit due to issues with the failed firmware, but the replacement is still a 4200 unit. Doesn't look as if they're all shipping with the new processor for replacements here.

nirjar2212

Came back from my local microsoft store. I got a Lot #1352 256GB version. First thing I check after making the purchase was the CPU model and BAM!! 4200U!!!! So, I return it in a second and went back to home! How is Lot #1352 an older processor?? I am so pissed that I drove for 2 hours for nothing.