What's new

Surface Pro 3 Power Management Sticky

SeanP

So I think the last update helped on battery. I also shut off Cortana as that seemed to be a BIG drain.

However, take a look at screenshot here. What does WU refer to in red? Apparently this is also taking up a fair amount of battery but I have looked and cannot figure out what it is?

Attachments

stustaff

So I think the last update helped on battery. I also shut off Cortana as that seemed to be a BIG drain.

However, take a look at screenshot here. What does WU refer to in red? Apparently this is also taking up a fair amount of battery but I have looked and cannot figure out what it is?
I'm only guessing but Windows Update?

SeanP

Man...this has gotten REALLY REALLY bad. Just today I've lost 38% battery in under 4 hours and of that 4 hours only 22 minutes I have had the screen actually on. The rest of the time, it has sat in my bag unopened. I even put it in airplane mode for most of that time. I took it out of my bag and the back of it was very warm. I knew right away something was off.

Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP!! I am going to attach the various sleep study report screen shots I have taken over the last 4 days, the Battery Report that Windows 10 now offers, and task manager screen shot of the two things that are causing the CPU to use 22% resources when I have ZERO open on it.

I disabled Cortana and yet, it says that it's using it via Edge? Maybe the Edge browser is that bad and I need to go back to the battery sucking Chrome that was NEVER this bad.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Search tags for this page
only power state s0 is available on surface pro 4
surface 3 power configuration s0 low power idle hibernate fast startup
surface pro 3 battery management
surface pro 3 hybrid sleep missing

surface pro 3 power management

surface pro 3 power save
surface pro 3 standby s1 not available
surface pro 3 this standby state is disabled powercfg
surface s0ix
why hibernate not available microsoft surface pro 3