What's new

Surface Pro speaker loudness

nysj

Is it just me whose Surface Pro becomes louder after upgrade to windows 10 - by I don't know, 20 decibels?

Any possible explanation? Driver?

I fell in love with it again :D

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

This has been mentioned as late as earlier today on the forum and appears to be an issue known to Microsoft and should be fixed with an update.

OP
N

nysj

Interestingly, I thought people have been whinging about the quietness rather than loudness of the Surface speaker?

The speaker's output is how it should be in my opinion.

Could you point me to the thread where people consider it an issue, rather than a good news?

leeshor

Using the forum search I can't input enough mean9ingfull search terms to come up with a link but it has been disused n the last week or so.

CrippsCorner

Interestingly, I thought people have been whinging about the quietness rather than loudness of the Surface speaker?

The speaker's output is how it should be in my opinion.

Could you point me to the thread where people consider it an issue, rather than a good news?

Yes interesting point! Sounds like a good thing to me!? I never use the Surface speakers so can't really comment, but I have a long time ago and I remember running them at 100% occasionally and wishing there was more!