What's new

TV not getting signal from surfacebook (Windows 10), was fine yesterday please help?

Luvnluvn

I have a surface book, Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, and a HDMI cable. Yesterday I was able to connect my pc to my TV, but now all of a sudden I can’t. I tried it with my old MacBook Pro 13 and no issues, but now with my surfacebook it doesn’t even detect it. The cables haven’t moved from yesterday so I don’t know what’s wrong. Please help me :( I need a solution, as my Macbook isnt good and wont last long and I want to mirror my movies to my TV.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Luvnluvn ,

Let's try to get you connected up.

This is often a case of WiFi networks. Make sure your TV and Surface Book are on the same ethernet or WiFi network, which also means you cannot connect one through a repeater or extender without also doing the other.

Also, Samsung and Vizio TVs have been known to fail after first working, because the "Source" switching expects a certain voltage on the HDMI port, and that level is not necessarily met every time. If the voltage does not meet the threshold, the connection is not made. The solution is to power off the TV, remove the Mini Display Port, Power on the TV, then attach the Mini Display Port. Then try your connection again. You may need to repeat this process. Eventually, the correct voltage is reached.

If that is not the problem, then do this:
- Right-click on the list of WiFi networks you have available to your Surface Book, and choose "Forget".
- Re-connect to the network the TV is sharing

Let us know.

OP
L

Luvnluvn

Hello @Luvnluvn ,

This is often a case of WiFi networks. Make sure your TV and Surface Book are on the same ethernet or WiFi network, which also means you cannot connect one through a repeater or extender without also doing the other.

Also, Samsung and Vizio TVs have been known to fail after first working, because the "Source" switching expects a certain voltage on the HDMI port, and that level is not necessarily met every time. If the voltage does not meet the threshold, the connection is not made. The solution is to power off the TV, remove the Mini Display Port, Power on the TV, then attach the Mini Display Port. Then try your connection again. You may need to repeat this process. Eventually, the correct voltage is reached.

- Right-click on the list of WiFi networks you have available to your Surface Book, and choose "Forget".

Let us know.
Hello
Hello @Luvnluvn ,

Let us know.
Hi @sharpuser
I tried what you said and still nothing unfortunately :( Here's some more information, I'm not sure if it will help but still, I have a Toshiba TV but no wireless options at the moment (Internet isn't set up in my home for a while, I will soon however). The time when it worked, I had just used my HDMI cable and MiniDisplay adapter to connect to my TV. I even experimented with my other smaller TV, and my PC still is not detecting the TV.