What's new

unrar or unzip program

kundas1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey was wondering if there is a good program that's free and doesn't have silly restrictions like only unzipping 300KB files or doesn't handle multiple files at the same time and whatnot. I looked on the MS store and didn't find any good free proggies... anyone have any good recommendations?

oion

Well, Windows 8/RT already has native support for ZIP, so that part should be fine, though it's not Metro interface. I don't have any specific recommendations for other archive types, though, sorry.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe how bad the selection for unzip apps is in the MS App store! It's really pathetic not a single unzip/unrar app is worth using! They're ALL BADLY done or don't work! Unngg!

benjitek

Hey was wondering if there is a good program that's free and doesn't have silly restrictions like only unzipping 300KB files or doesn't handle multiple files at the same time and whatnot. I looked on the MS store and didn't find any good free proggies... anyone have any good recommendations?
It's built into the OS...

joga

I use 8 Zip from the Store. It's free and it works pretty well.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
kundas1

kundas1

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried that and it didn't seem to work... maybe the rar/zip files were truncated....

Search tags for this page
best unzip program
free unzip program
free unzip programs
how to unrar
unrar free

unrar program

unrar surface rt
unzip files on surface
unzip program free
unzip programs free

Members online