What's new

[Update] Will your Hardware/Software issues be resolved today? Perhaps

olimjj

You don't have to wish upon a Star.
Good things usually happen to those who wait.
As "bluegrass" alluded to Yesterday, today is Microsoft Patch Tuesday(all Surface and Surface Pro models)
Around 1:00 PM EST
What was your result?

ipaq_101

I for one am hoping they fix the wifi issue after extended standby, if they fix that the SP3 would be working 100% for me. The most annoying thing in the world when you press the power button and the wifi radio is gone.

wow, System update took a long time here. Had the screen with "System update is being installed" for 5 minutes. Then fan suddenly really loud and sp3 shut down. Made sp3 on again, another update. It restarted itself again. Now all is installed sucessful.
so dont get nervous ;)

bluegrass

Can't say that I really have any but I like to keep my Surface up to date so the firmware and 14 other updates are getting installed right now.

HarnessTech

As usual for my SP3, it locked up during restart (hence the exchange). After a forced shutdown and restart, it is currently installing the updates.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware Update includes:

The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 9/9/2014” within the Windows Update History.
  • Surface Pro UEFI update (v 3.10.250.0) improves system experience and enhances overall system stability, including Wi-Fi.
  • Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v 38.6.50.0) enhanced support for system performance and user experience, including thermostat icon on boot.
  • Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v 3.9.350.0) increases the overall system reliability and compatibility with a Surface cover.
  • Surface Integration driver update (v 2.0.1102.0) enhances user experience, including Wi-Fi stability.
  • Surface Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver update (v 15.68.3055.107) improves Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth reliability and system stability, and significantly enhances the user experience.
Note When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.

bluegrass

Surface updates 9-9-2014 12-30-05 PM.png
Here are the updates I received just a few minutes ago. The only thing I noticed after it rebooted and I looked at the updates, it said the firmware update was pending restart. I restarted the Surface & it said it was installed.

wditters

September 2014 updates
The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 9/9/2014” when you view your update history.

• Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.10.250.0) improves system experience and enhances overall system stability, including Wi-Fi.
  • Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v38.6.50.0) enhanced support for system performance and user experience, including thermostat icon on boot.
  • Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.350.0) increases the overall system reliability and compatibility with a Surface cover.
  • Surface Integration driver update (v2.0.1102.0) enhances user experience, including Wi-Fi stability.
  • Surface Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3055.107) improves Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth reliability and system stability, and significantly enhances the user experience.