What's new

[Update] Will your Hardware/Software issues be resolved today? Perhaps

dmibe

I'm installing it now on i5 4gb...I haven't had as many problems wifi-wise as everyone else but then again, I never sleep my tablet, usually shutdown when done and most of my ISPs are fairly slow too.

The problems I do have are with in-network transferring between tower and tablet going 700KB/s - 1.5MB/s which makes zero sense. Also the problem of a completely absent "Sharing" tab on our wifi. The wifi card is capable of adhoc but we are locked out from using it...this is unacceptable.

Can't even manually turn on ICS because it'll shut itself off.

OP
O

olimjj

For those who also own the SP1 & SP2
Here are my downloads, albeit centric to some extent

SP2MPT.PNG

SP1MPT.PNG

MilesTeg

Grrr, my i7 just overheated and shut down during the installation of the updates. It's done this before with the last big update too.

Interestingly I can take my i7 SP3 outside where it's 90 degrees + in the shade and use it just fine with no overheating at all while web browsing and watching videos.

All updates installed successfully on my i7, still haven't unblocked the i5 yet.Everything seems to be running really well on my SP3!

rubaxter

I'd have been happy if the ole Thermometer hadn't appeared on the screen and the tablet shut itself down during the patch reboot process. That's with nothing else running in a very well air conditioned room. Put the thing down next to the vent, rebooted, and hoped for the best.

You'd think MS would be able to make a patch set that didn't melt the back of an SP3 while it was installing...

JimB

WiFi is worsening yet still not working out of hibernation. I tried the older driver with no difference as well. if you try unchecking 'let the computer turn off this device' you get a blue screen after hibernate now. Just great.

Aegeas

I can report that my Bluetooth headphones no longer disconnect and reconnect in between songs. This is a good thing. I never had any wi-fi or overheating issues on my i7/256 so I can't speak to those. Another good thing is that with this and the new Intel driver my FPS in Path of Exile is very solid in the high 50s now. Outstanding.

mcsenerd

Well...it "looks" like everything went well except for one thing...

I moved my OneDrive local folder to my 128GB SD card last week (I've got it setup for BitLocker and to automatically unlock on sign in), and although I hadn't had any issues before, for some reason after the update, I started having issues with the Office Document Upload Center. Now, I've fought that thing before so I know how to repair the cache and all that jazz, but that wasn't the "real" issue here. Something changed in the timing of things on logon and it appears that the SD card wasn't "ready" when the Upload Center started. So...into Task Scheduler I go, and I modified the startup trigger to delay by 3 minutes. Now when I boot I no longer get the dreaded "Microsoft Office cache encountered a problem"-crap on every boot.