What's new

Very refreshing and encouraging.

machistmo

So my Sisters Nokia Lumia 822 died last week and after getting a new phone in the mail, swapping the SIM and SD cards, I plugged the device into the USB ports on my new Dell S2340T Monitor and up pops this message : Microsoft Recommends : Windows Phone for this device. One click later and this phone was synced. Very nice. The application is still a little rough around the edges but I have to say it was easier than an iPhone and I love that my phones have and support a file system. iTunes make me crazy. Like backing up around the barn and pond to get in the front door.

Dragged and dropped the Clash song she wanted as her ringtone into the ringtone folder on the phone and selected it as a ringtone... NOVEL IDEA there?!

I see Windows8 and the Windows Phone8 devices evolving into a real viable alternative to the standard Android-or-Apple choice menu currently available. At least what I am seeing is an encouraging set of baby steps.

:big smile:(She wants it to be noted that Verizon took exactly a week to get her a refurbished phone. She is not very happy about the weeks time or the refurbished part. I told her to suck it up and deal with it. After all, the phone and the service charges are a gift from yours truly ):big smile:

bosamar

I'm actually considering going to AT&T today to pick up a Lumia 920. The wife is going back to the dark side.... iPhone. lol

KLR

I'm actually considering going to AT&T today to pick up a Lumia 920. The wife is going back to the dark side.... iPhone. lol

I'm holding out one more month to see what the big differences are between the 920 and 928. I just may jump ship and head over to AT&T as well unless Verizon has something special tied to the 928.

OP
machistmo

machistmo

See I love that she now has 64GB storage on the Lumia 822. Total she has an 80GB Phone that cost about half the upfront costs of a 16 GB iPhone 5 w 2yr service.