What's new

Weird Problems after Latest Update

A_W_O_L

Since the latest firmware update Ive been having weird issues. SP3

I thought I put my SP3 on standby. Several hours later the device was hot. I placed it on a cold marble counter and it cooled off quickly. I woke the device from sleep it took several minutes to get past the login ( I use a pin ). The device seemed to function fine after this, but the battery life was PLUNGING, 3 - 5 % drop per minute. It started at 100% and didn't stabilize until 33%. I restarted the device twice during all of this, and all I could do was watch the battery life fall. All I could guess was that it wasn't in actual sleep and drained the battery down to ~30% but the OS hadn't "caught up" to the actual battery state. After the battery life stabilized everything seemed to function just fine. The next day, I it took several minutes to get past the pin again. After that inital login... subsequent restarts, wakes from sleep, ect... it logged in like nothing ever happened. I'm at a loss. I can't help but think it was something broken with the firmware update. This all started the day after I updated the firmware. (I update firmware at night, shutdown and put the device on charge). For some reason, since this last update, the touch sometimes doesn't work from cold boot first in the morning either.

Suggestions? Tomorrow marks 60 days of ownership.

Sidenote: Ive read that the wifi connecting from sleep is a problem in the past...this was something I noticed before any updates, and none of the firmware updates have seemed to solve this.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, @A_W_O_L

At this point, I think you should do a "Refresh" of Windows from the PC Settings Restore and Update menu.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sidenote: Ive read that the wifi connecting from sleep is a problem in the past...this was something I noticed before any updates, and none of the firmware updates have seemed to solve this.
Have you installed the latest firmware on your Router? WiFi is at best a tango between your device and the router but sometimes the dance floor gets crowded with other devices and your neighbors devices all dancing at once.