What's new

What Windows 8 Hybrids are you considering?

souldier

Active Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
243
Points
28
Aside from the Surface Pro, are there any other machines you are debating between?
 
If Microsoft never made the RT I'd probably own a IdeaPad Yoga 13 right now.
 
I know I am. I still think it's the right choice in tablets.
 
The Sony Vaio Duo with the battery pack ~14 hours
Lenovo Yoga only if I can get an i7 and 8GB
Something that supports touch and pen with 16 GB RAM ideally.
 
The Helix is the only one that has peaked my interested, but at around $400 more, it's too expensive for me.
 
I'm still interested in the Surface Pro, but the Lenovo Thinkpad Helix looks even better with 4G, NFC, better battery life, backlit keyboard and a larger screen. I think Lenovo's delay with the Helix has to do with them getting the lower voltage Ivy Bridge processors that Microsoft didn't get a chance to. Also the Helix will be available with Core i7, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD options which the Surface Pro isn't offering. The downside is the Helix's base price starts at $1500, with the top-end model approaching $2000.
 
Back
Top