What's new

When I tap the touch screen it performs a right click.... WHY!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft has some work to do on these Surface devices. Seems nobody has it right, yet.
@macmee is probably among many with a happiness level of 5/10.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is this not fixed yet?

2 reddit users wrote programs to "live with" the bug and a 3rd reddit user is running a survey to see how many users are impacted by this problem.

1. Why isn't Microsoft doing this?

2. Is there anyone from Microsoft on this forum who can tell me why this bug, which has been well known for months and that effects a core feature of the device (onenote) is not fixed yet?

3. Can anyone (seriously) recommend a tablet to me that's excellent for note taking with the stylus and that's not the iPad pro?

Windows 8.1?..

OP
macmee

macmee

Did the Pen Update that came out this past week help with the issues for you?
forgot to reply to this, no. No it did not fix the issue. I've gone back to taking notes the old fashion way (pen+pencil) as the issue is too distracting in a learning setting.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I experienced this for the first time the other day. (have experienced it before but not for about 6 months)

The culprit appears to be the pen. Until I got the pen back out for uni this year 10 has been solid. The instant I started taking notes again I encountered the right clicking. I just touch the screen with two fingers and it goes away.