What's new

Which Metro YouTube App did you choose?

Enjoying this new i7 SP3! I echo the sentiment of a reviewer who marveled at the technology available to us today.

When using the SP3 as a tablet, which Metro App for YouTube do you prefer? There are so many that came up with a search for "YouTube" in the Windows Store, I really have no idea where to begin.

ctitanic

I'm just visiting youtube page from IE metro. I have configured IE stopping adds and most of the time I use the actual pages like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there any advantage to using a metro app other than the (more, I hope) touch friendly interface? The YouTube app on android might be easier to use, but it is missing a lot of the functionality of the full site.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing of interest to me then :) (although I've absolutely no idea what live titles means or is) for me, unless the metro apps available can actually filter results properly, I'll just stick to the website. I love the website, and a huge part of the reason for this device is for as a tablet with universal flash support etc for various video sites that with android are just a pain, if its even possible to use them.

foghat

Well, having the touch interface is a pretty key component on a touch device....

The actual site is relatively touch friendly, but the player controls (aside from play/Pause) leave a lot to be desired for touch.

Some apps also give you the ability to keep a video playing while you are navigating around looking for other videos. Not sure what you mean about filtering results properly, but I've never had any issues with search not returning appropriate results.

Best bet is to just try them and see what you think.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
By filter I mean the android app doesn't allow you to filter by upload date, one key criteria for me, only by "last week" etc. As you say, I will have to wait and see. But I am white happy to use the website version with a pen or finger. I don't go on YouTube and search around, I'm one of the kind who only go there because there is a specific video they want to watch, nothing more.