What's new

Why MS doesn't offer the keyboard for SP3 & 4 ?

Stephan

The idea of a keyboard with a GPU inside is great !!! But why MS doesn't offer it for the Surface Pro 3 and 4 ? It will be great to add more graphic power to our Surface with just a new keyboard !

Do you think they will offer this but not now (later next year) ?

The sp4 does not have connections available for that kind of docking. it would just end up being like a crappy Asus thing.

They have invested a lot of money into the book, so why would they the go and threaten its sales by giving people the perfect reason not to buy it.

The sp4 does not have connections available for that kind of docking. it would just end up being like a crappy Asus thing.

They have invested a lot of money into the book, so why would they the go and threaten its sales by giving people the perfect reason not to buy it.

Ok I understand. So why didn't they offer a type cover keyboard too for the surface book ? So we can have the choice to transport 3 lbs or 1 lbs.

sorry but I find the surface book intersting but too heavy. I would like to have the choice to transport it with a lighter keyboard.
don't you ?

Ok I understand. So why didn't they offer a type cover keyboard too for the surface book ? So we can have the choice to transport 3 lbs or 1 lbs.

sorry but I find the surface book intersting but too heavy. I would like to have the choice to transport it with a lighter keyboard.
don't you ?
Maybe they will do that on the SB2 :)
For now the way the two connect and the actual interfaces are vastly different, too different to accommodate both.

What you could do with a Type Cover if you can find one is use the Old Bluetooth adapter for the Type Cover and connect it wirelessly via Bluetooth.

They need to differentiate their products though. At the end of the day the Book isn't that much bigger is it...

Just a shame it's missing the kickstand. Means I couldn't personally use it, as when I'm DJing I use the tablet standing up on it's own without a keyboard (space doesn't allow for it with my controller attached)

I think the locking mechanism in the tablet of the Surface Book is bigger than we think. It occupies valuable real-estate that is present in the SP4. The SP4 has a larger battery, video port, USB, and SSD slot inside than the tablet portion of the SB. I suppose it may also have a different processor which needs cooling.

All in all, I think you're right on with the desired state as I too would buy a SP4 with a SB base. But the required connectors aren't possible in the current models.

It isn't intended to be a tablet as much as it's supposed to be a clipboard. ;)

You're right. You're right. The SB is a laptop first. The SP4 is a tablet first.

But, every clipboard I've ever seen has a hinge and a spring. I just wish the SB in clipboard mode had a freakin' stand!

Just a shame it's missing the kickstand. Means I couldn't personally use it, as when I'm DJing I use the tablet standing up on it's own without a keyboard (space doesn't allow for it with my controller attached)

Kayzee, I heard similar sentiments a few times in the last 24 hours. If you had the Surface Book keyboard/dock flipped around back and open in an inverted V like the Lenovo Yoga, would that work for your scenario or does that take up a lot more space than the flipstand? Can you post a pic of your DJ rig?

Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro_Images_3.jpg

That could work I suppose, but I'm not sure the Surface Book is intended to work like that... I'll try and get an image for you. I suppose I could just lay the thing down flat and not use it (when it's connected to an external monitor)

Back