What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbaird

Can someone running 10147 check if Edge is indeed saving passwords now? If it is, then I might make the leap myself.

Edge is saving passwords for me on 10147 - tested on dropbox and google. Facebook didn't proompt to remember, so probably the way the page is coded.

MagicPoop

Can someone confirm this isn't just me:
Screenshot (7).png

I'm not able to sign in in any app.

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    732 KB · Views: 400

Kris

Have had a few issues with 10147, Homegroup not wanting to connect or share files, 5GHz not wanting to connect(saying wrong password when its not), and background slideshows not working still unless you use the themes work around but so far this is the most stable version I have used in sometime. They even have seemed to have fixed a few of the startmenu bugs. I really still don't consider this anywhere near ready for RTM but I am beginning to believe that when they release the RTM it won't be ready for the masses and they will just say wait for updates to fix the "minor issues". I am still vastly disappointed in the direction that MS is taking Windows with customization, with tiles and more, vs what we have grown accustom to in the past and on our phones but this seems to be what we are getting. I do not see MS saving it's self with this new version of Windows actually sad to say I for see a bad future for them in the next few years. I can only guess at the future of desktop computers remaining in homes as they do now. Hybrids and other devices seem to be the new thing and desktops a thing of the past. All in all this is just the opinion of one person take it as you will.

wynand32

Given Gabe's recent blog post about things going forward, I'm going to wait until the next official build. Seems like they're in the process of changing quite a few things about the way updates work, and there are probably very good reasons why 10147 (even if it's good in so many other ways) wasn't released to the Fast ring.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

I make no recommendations either way, however.

GTiceman

Given Gabe's recent blog post about things going forward, I'm going to wait until the next official build. Seems like they're in the process of changing quite a few things about the way updates work, and there are probably very good reasons why 10147 (even if it's good in so many other ways) wasn't released to the Fast ring.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

I make no recommendations either way, however.
Seems like the things he mentioned are in 147 so that's a good sign I think.

mitchellvii

No one else is talking about how fast embedded video seems to cache and run on this build. For me one of the best features. Also, the flash animations on my website, which are actually interactive tutorials and not just eye candy, that were either slow or hanging in prior builds now load fast. Also, if you are having a hard time getting the taskbar to autohide, turn it on, then off, reboot and then back on. It should work.

Also, does anyone else find it odd that 10147 did not overwrite my beta Intel Graphics drivers when it installed? I find that weird (and a pleasant surprise).

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Anyone have a simple one-step solution for getting rid of the Windows Pro Insider Preview splash on the bottom right of the desktop?

Kris

Got a new USB 3.0 32GB drive, have tried using Rufus and Windows usb tool to format it for a boot-able usb drive to install Windows 10 but it will only format it to NTFS, and my SP3 will not boot to it. Has anyone else run into this issue? Anyone know a work around? Of course it works if I just use it to upgrade but for clean installs I need it able to boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.