What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
my HTPC found it 159 as well, you aren't using a local account right ... try restarting the Windows Update Service

Not a local account and have restarted the service. its not appearing, so just going to go back to 10147 as 10130 sucks imo.

leeshor

Why the F wont update find 10158??? I've verified my account, clicked find updates a billion times, restarted and shut down the device more times than I've ever done in my life, tried on 2 different builds. WTF Microsoft! You can't tease me like this.
Location location location. They claimed it would be available to everyone but they didn't say when/where.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Location location location. They claimed it would be available to everyone but they didn't say when/where.

So they're rolling out 10159 before they've even managed to get 10158 rolled out. Seems pretty lame if you ask me. I might as well just be on slow ring.

r0b123

It's been a whirlwind of issues and updates last few weeks. I was on build 10130 for a long while and even before that, just upgrading to 10130 required jumping thru hoops. Not sure why it took them long to push newer builds, but finally updated to 10158 more than a day ago. Then just yesterday, checked for an update and see build 10159!! After it finally setup, I gotta I'm very impressed with this build. It's definitely looking polished and more stable. Granted I still see the system firmware update 5/14/2015 again, some of my minor gripes seem to be resolved. No issues with my pen or BT mouse, sound, touchpad all seem to be working properly. Outlook and OneNote 2013 are also functioning. Going to really give it a go today and see how stable this new OS build is. :)

r0b123

Installed and running smooth...
Screenshot (4).png

wynand32

Anybody experiencing Office 365 continuing to prompt to activate every time you open one of the office applications. I have this happening on two different machines after going to 10158/9. One is business account and one is home account. I have tried to deactivate in the office portal and reactivate on the device, but continues to happen (also tried this at work and home, with two different environments\network). Strange thing is you click to activate and it takes, just continue to get prompted. The business machine (SP3) I can't link my MSA, so I can't upgrade to 10159 through the update. The second machine (Home\S3) I upgraded to 10158 then to 10159 and it was still happening. I tried uninstalling office and when trying to reinstall it wouldn't install (got real hosed), at that point I refreshed and it took me back to 8.1. I am in the process of upgrading to 10130 with released ISO and then upgrade to 10159, with office not installed. In both cases I had Office installed before upgrading to latest build. But I have not had that happen with any of the previous Builds on my SP3. First try with the Surface 3. Very strange...

On Office 2016 Preview through Office 365 on all of my machines, I get an activation message and then each Office app simply closes with no option to reactivate. The fix I've found is to go to Control Panel > Programs > Office > Change, then do a Quick Repair. I don't know if that would fix the issue of activating every time for Office 2013 through Office 365.

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have given up on update doing anything useful, so am just finishing off downloading a torrent of 10159

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Little bit of input lag from the mouse on my dinovo edge, but that aside, WDA is working pretty well for me on 10159 (have not updated the WDA firmware at all, it is just running straight out of the box. Youtube works well. Although strangely the instant i clicked disconnect (from WDA) the surface fan instantly ramped up, having been silent while connected to the WDA, and the moment i re-connect, the fan turns off, almost like when the fan is running and you hit the power button.

GTiceman

Little bit of input lag from the mouse on my dinovo edge, but that aside, WDA is working pretty well for me on 10159 (have not updated the WDA firmware at all, it is just running straight out of the box. Youtube works well. Although strangely the instant i clicked disconnect (from WDA) the surface fan instantly ramped up, having been silent while connected to the WDA, and the moment i re-connect, the fan turns off, almost like when the fan is running and you hit the power button.

I still can't connect to mine, keep failing. Not sure why. Maybe I should do a refresh on this build.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still can't connect to mine, keep failing. Not sure why. Maybe I should do a refresh on this build.

I havn't bothered with a firmware update (despite everything being blurry) as i recall a number of users saying that it worked fine until they updated the WDA firware ande after that it didn't work properly on win 10

GoodBytes

Status
Not open for further replies.