What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcreyn319

This may be a dumb question, but I've been unable to figure out how to get Windows 10 to allow me to use a folder of pictures as wallpaper and not just one image. @sharpcolorado how did you figure it out?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
All Setting -> Personalization -> Background -> Slideshow -> Browse -> Select Folder

I allow OneDrive to sync your folder of desktop background images. That way, I can change the background on all devices from all devices, as I please.

In case some are wondering why I post screenshots, it is because this thread/topic gets traffic from people curious about how Windows 10 might look. Pictures answer their quest much faster than prose.

And some wonder about the strange collection of games I play. One word: Grandkids.

samurai

I am not able to connect to external monitor. I am getting this error. I am using VGA adapter.
20150718_173901.jpg

Last edited:

lhauser

Just this morning I've started getting messages saying I have low memory (latest release version). When I look in Task Manager, it says I'm using 64% or so of available RAM, which is hardly unusual on my 4GB i5. I've given Windows a range of 256-4096GB for the swap file, but it appears to be a RAM message, not a virtual memory message.

I don't want Windows telling me I have low RAM...I want it to manage memory transparently. Has anyone seen this? Is there a way I can turn it off?

wynand32

I have same problem.. but I found out it is caused by Security-Update KB3074663
After the Update the SP3 don't get the IP from the DHCP of the router correctly(/at all) so the SP3 has no valid IP configuration. Solution is to deinstall the Update or set a manual IP configuration.
Strangly my other Laptop works fine with WLAN and 10240 and the Update, so it seems something is not good with the SP3 and this update.
Both very bad. Can anyone submitt it to Microsoft or is someone from Microsoft reading it? ;)

Just FYI, this happened on my desktop using a Netgear A6210 adapter. Wouldn't see 5Ghz at all until I uninstalled the driver and installed the latest version from the Netgear site. Then, it would say it was connected, but couldn't get to the Internet. Lo and behold, you're entirely correct: it wasn't pulling a configuration via DHCP. I put in a static address, and voila.

This isn't happening on my SP3, and so it's not specific to our machines. It also wasn't fixed by yesterday's update.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 10 working perfectly on the MacBook Pro Retina 15 also. Internet speed same as the Mac it is patched through.

It is a hoot using Cortana on a Mac. Apple hasn't figured out how to put Siri on it.

Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 11.49.27 AM.png

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just this morning I've started getting messages saying I have low memory (latest release version). When I look in Task Manager, it says I'm using 64% or so of available RAM, which is hardly unusual on my 4GB i5. I've given Windows a range of 256-4096GB for the swap file, but it appears to be a RAM message, not a virtual memory message.

I don't want Windows telling me I have low RAM...I want it to manage memory transparently. Has anyone seen this? Is there a way I can turn it off?
I haven't seen this on my Windows 10 machines but I see it on my 8.1 machines that sync with my Windows 10 devices all related to Sync Engine and OneDrive....

manoroid

Hey guys did they axe the tablet mode multiple apps. I can do two on screen but not three. Windows 8.1 allowed three on screen on my sp3. I notice desktop mode you can cover 4 apps in the all the corners but what if I'm using tablet mode to run more than two on screen with my finger gestures?

pcreyn319

I allow OneDrive to sync your folder of desktop background images. That way, I can change the background on all devices from all devices, as I please.

In case some are wondering why I post screenshots, it is because this thread/topic gets traffic from people curious about how Windows 10 might look. Pictures answer their quest much faster than prose.

And some wonder about the strange collection of games I play. One word: Grandkids.
I keep having an issue with this. It doesn't seem to load the pictures in the folder. It shows up blank and says:
upload_2015-7-18_14-7-58.png

Any one else experienced this?

Status
Not open for further replies.