What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordtopcat

There is something strange happening on my SP3 with Windows 10 Preview.

Everytime I click the start menu, it appears for about 2 seconds and then closes. I cannot click on anything in the menu. I've tried restarting, logging out/in, changing accounts it keeps doing it.

Anyone have this happen?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
There is something strange happening on my SP3 with Windows 10 Preview.

Everytime I click the start menu, it appears for about 2 seconds and then closes. I cannot click on anything in the menu. I've tried restarting, logging out/in, changing accounts it keeps doing it.

Anyone have this happen?

Which Build? This is what the Start Menu does when assembling your apps and trying to reconstruct your icon groups, after installing a new Build. Usually clears up (finishes processing) with a good internet connection and about 4 hours.

Are you a registered Insider? Previews are finished. Premiere is here.

lordtopcat

Which Build? This is what the Start Menu does when assembling your apps and trying to reconstruct your icon groups, after installing a new Build. Usually clears up (finishes processing) with a good internet connection and about 4 hours.

Are you a registered Insider? Previews are finished. Premiere is here.

Build 10162...My device has been off for a couple of days, only just turned it on as I need to do some work.

I am an insider and that is interesting...I'll go check it out.

Cheers

Edit: They are not allowing any more downloads of Windows 10 until release.

Kris

If you have a previously downloaded, an official, ISO you can install and still upgrade. I have used a 10162 ISO quiet a times in the last few days and upgraded to 10240.

lordtopcat

If you have a previously downloaded, an official, ISO you can install and still upgrade. I have used a 10162 ISO quiet a times in the last few days and upgraded to 10240.

Thanks for that. Do I do it through Windows Update or rerun the ISO? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.