What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMINENT

I couldn't get my SP3 to connect to my phone's hotspot today.
This build has borked the wifi as it was working on the last one. Tried restarting and rebooting, on the phone too. Other devices could connect to my phone, just not the SP3.

I couldn't get my SP3 to connect to my phone's hotspot today.
This build has borked the wifi as it was working on the last one. Tried restarting and rebooting, on the phone too. Other devices could connect to my phone, just not the SP3.
The security update from Friday is to blame. It brwaks The DHCP client. Uninstall it and your network will work again. I fought with this one for a couple of hours yesterday.

Kris

Not sure if you heard of this app, but love it to randomize my wallpaper.
http://johnsad.ventures/software/backgroundswitcher/
You can tell it to use local photos or ones on the Internet and even what type of photos it is allowed to display.
Thanks will check it out, just really sad that they removed it from the options on Windows. Really why keep slideshow wallpapers but remove the randomize feature to it? I have near 800 wallpapers and seeing them in order all the time is really boring.

cliffr39

One of my favorite features of that is how it changes the background color to match the image when the photo is centered.

Screen Shot 2015-07-19 at 2.39.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-19 at 2.39.04 AM.png

GTiceman

Not sure if you heard of this app, but love it to randomize my wallpaper.
http://johnsad.ventures/software/backgroundswitcher/
You can tell it to use local photos or ones on the Internet and even what type of photos it is allowed to display.
I love that program. The only issue I have with it is that Windows 10 won't automatically update the picked colors when the wallpaper changes and the system I don't think is recognizing the change.

cliffr39

I love that program. The only issue I have with it is that Windows 10 won't automatically update the picked colors when the wallpaper changes and the system I don't think is recognizing the change.

Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on that, but so far it is properly changing the colors for me.

samurai

I love the direction windows 10 is heading to. But the system is running really hot and the fans are spinning like crazy. I also find it a bit buggy. Not able to pin programs to start etc., Thinking of rolling back to windows 8.1.

leeshor

I'm thinking it may be time to quit all this rolling back stuff if you have the most recent release. It will still get updates and can't do anything but get better. It would seem that if the plan is to roll back this late in the game maybe you should save yourself a lot of time and just stay on 8.1. Nobody will force you to use 10.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm thinking it may be time to quit all this rolling back stuff if you have the most recent release. It will still get updates and can't do anything but get better. It would seem that if the plan is to roll back this late in the game maybe you should save yourself a lot of time and just stay on 8.1. Nobody will force you to use 10.

I agree. At this point users should be considering refreshes etc, not roll backs. Some things that people are pointing at prior to the roll back statements, such as not pinning things to start, are clearly doable so in my mind better just to try a refresh or reinstall and get it working than just give up. I've got pin code and pinnable start items and windows is working just great :)

If something so small stops you wanting to use the OS then you really might as well just stay on 8.1 for good if there is so little in 10 of actual interest.

samurai

I installed the latest build because people said it is running smooth. And I also did a reset after that. I am kind of jealous of you guys if it's running so good for you. I will do a reset one more time because last time it was stuck on 99% for a long time, may be something didn't go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.