What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeshor

This idea that it takes a while to settle down can be confirmed by my systems that have drive access indicator lights. It does require patience, especially if you have done a refresh.

Wiidesire

The left/right edge swipe doesn't work for me on 10240. Is that normal? Do I need to manually install some drivers?

Also I changed all the language settings to german, but the apps are still called "Photos", "Calculator" etc. and aren't german. Is that normal?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
The left/right edge swipe doesn't work for me on 10240. Is that normal? Do I need to manually install some drivers?

Also I changed all the language settings to german, but the apps are still called "Photos", "Calculator" etc. and aren't german. Is that normal?

Swiping is working just fine on both sp3 and s3

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I miss the old photo viewer, is there any way to get it back?

It's still there (if you are talking about the old school photo viewer, and not some fandangled MUI app - just right click, open with, select it). However I have had two issues with it. Last build my S3 would not run it, it would just open Print no matter how I tried to open a photo. A reinstall sorted it out. This build, it works just fine, except that on both SP3 and S3 if I start a slideshow it shows it magnified and shifted to the right making it worthless. I've had to jump back onto Faststone image viewer. Not designed for touch or a high dpi display, but a damned good program. Love being able to create single file .exe slide shows that I can then organise and keep in simple folders instead of folder after folder of a bazillion images, and at the same time browse and export the individual pictures I want from the slideshow in question.

GTiceman

I left it to the default 1 hour. I was testing it with manually selecting "next background". But, while typing this it just updated and the color around the image changed.
Sorry I don't mean the color around the image. I mean the color of the start menu and associated attributes. The auto color picker works when using a folder of images and updates automatically but not when using John's

cliffr39

Oh, sorry. I didn't know about that. Perhaps I'll put a request with the developer and see if that is something they could implement.

Kris

It's still there (if you are talking about the old school photo viewer, and not some fandangled MUI app - just right click, open with, select it). However I have had two issues with it. Last build my S3 would not run it, it would just open Print no matter how I tried to open a photo. A reinstall sorted it out. This build, it works just fine, except that on both SP3 and S3 if I start a slideshow it shows it magnified and shifted to the right making it worthless. I've had to jump back onto Faststone image viewer. Not designed for touch or a high dpi display, but a damned good program. Love being able to create single file .exe slide shows that I can then organise and keep in simple folders instead of folder after folder of a bazillion images, and at the same time browse and export the individual pictures I want from the slideshow in question.
It is no longer on my apps to choose from, did a clean install from a 10162 ISO and upgraded to 10240 and it disappeared...

GTiceman

Oh, sorry. I didn't know about that. Perhaps I'll put a request with the developer and see if that is something they could implement.
Not sure if the developer can do that but I wonder if there is some way to tell the system the wallpaper changed

Status
Not open for further replies.