What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhauser

I'm thinking it may be time to quit all this rolling back stuff if you have the most recent release. It will still get updates and can't do anything but get better. It would seem that if the plan is to roll back this late in the game maybe you should save yourself a lot of time and just stay on 8.1. Nobody will force you to use 10.

I could not agree more. I went back to 8.1 four or five times since the TP started. Since 10162 I haven't even been tempted to, since each update up through 10240 has been merely tweaking. Windows 10 seems as solid as can be and now it's a matter of learning all its ins and outs.

Ordnas

The left/right edge swipe doesn't work for me on 10240. Is that normal? Do I need to manually install some drivers?

Also I changed all the language settings to german, but the apps are still called "Photos", "Calculator" etc. and aren't german. Is that normal?

I have no edge swiping either. All the other gestures work fine.

leeshor

If there is no indication in the lower right of the screen that indicates you have 10240 which is widely regarding as the RTM code. Older previews had a mark in that spot telling you what it was.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 11 is really buggy so far. I hope they put the Start Menu back. What are those guys thinking? And I sure do miss Edge from Win 10. I hope they stick with it.

Screenshot (88).png

Okay, just having some fun, since we're in the home stretch for Windows 10 release 29 July 2015. Finding out who is paying attention. Some of you have been hanging around here and contributing since October 2, 2014. Thanks.

Windows 11 is really buggy so far. I hope they put the Start Menu back. What are those guys thinking? And I sure do miss Edge from Win 10. I hope they stick with it.

View attachment 6431

Okay, just having some fun, since we're in the home stretch for Windows 10 release 29 July 2015. Finding out who is paying attention. Some of you have been hanging around here and contributing since October 2, 2014. Thanks.
And you have been guiding and leading us in a very good way over the bumps and road blocks in a very nice way. So thanks to you too...

wynand32

The security update from Friday is to blame. It brwaks The DHCP client. Uninstall it and your network will work again. I fought with this one for a couple of hours yesterday.

That's what happened on my desktop (and not my SP3). Uninstalling the update didn't fix it, unfortunately, and it had the additional effect of making my wifi adapter unable to see my router's 5Ghz band. I had to uninstall the driver and install the latest from the Netgear site, then manually configure IP settings to get it to connect.

samurai

Lol. Nope. I haven't installed any insider builds on my SP3 prior to 10240. I just downloaded the iso and upgraded from 8.1 three days back. It worked like a charm. Anyone who wants to upgrade, just find the iso and you are good to go. But make sure you do a double reset. My system is running pretty smooth compared to the first reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.