What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrass

Window Photo App has performed great for all I ever needed to do with a photo - adjust colors, crop, & resize.

Great looking bike and tools you use for your work Colorado. Where do I apply for a job where you work. Actually, I'm hoping to retire in about two years, at 77, from this rat race we live in and become a vagabond, going to rainbow gatherings and music festivals all around the country. Naturally I'll have my SP4 or 5 with me to keep up with you guys & gals.

What page number do you think will be at in this thread when the SP4 is released? I'll guess 450.

lhauser

To be honest, I never used Microsoft's builtin photo viewer. I always used 3rd party apps (such as irfan)

Irfanview works pretty well. I find the Windows photo viewer to be plain and simple. It show the photo. It lets you go to the next photo, to the previous photo, etc. without installing extra software. I use Thumbsplus for photo management, and as far as I can see, when you open a photo, there's no simple way to move forward or (especially) back.

The new photo app is confusing. I want some control over how I organize photos. I'm sure it will get better.

cmergel

Strange, I've had that graphics version of driver for several Windows 10 builds (since 10162) on my SP3 i7. Interesting that it showing up as new for you guys.

I wonder why we haven't seen anything newer than from April 2015. I have seen out in the wild .4212 (5/26), .4222 (5/29), and .4235 (6/25).

GTiceman

Strange, I've had that graphics version of driver for several Windows 10 builds (since 10162) on my SP3 i7. Interesting that it showing up as new for you guys.

I wonder why we haven't seen anything newer than from April 2015. I have seen out in the wild .4212 (5/26), .4222 (5/29), and .4235 (6/25).
Not new for me. I think it's been there a while

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honest question. What are the missing features in the Photos app compared to the Windows photo viewer?

My main issues are that it tries to be a photo manager as well (and does a horrible job imo) and just doesn't work that well for me. My biggest gripe though is the slideshow. I don't know if it's recently changed but one of my biggest likes for the old photo viewer is that for slideshows, unless the picture is really small, then it will expand photo's to full screen (and seems to do a really good job at minimizing pixelation (e.g if i zoom in on a photo, it is pixelated, if i let screensaver stretch it to full screen then it still looks pretty god). With the Photos app, it just displays them as their native size and I just don't like that :)

pcreyn319

Does anyone know how to disable videos from auto playing in Edge? I had this feature on Chrome and it's a really nice one to have to filter out video ads that are very loud.

malberttoo

I had it on a clean install with 10130

Mine was from clean install om the SP3 and upgrade through the s3. I have it on both (although slideshow is broken on both). as I previously mentioned, I had a previous issue, on 10147 or 10160 with the S3 refusing to open the photo viewer and just opening print instead, a reinstall fixed that - so maybe it is just a bit buggy is all.

Noted.

And kind of a bummer, was hoping it was something at least predictable, if not especially easy to work around.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Intel 4204 drivers are quite old. If you search, you can find 4240 version.

Yes, of course - but I have been (mostly) patiently allowing Microsoft to push to me since the start - which probably has kept me from some of the major problems, clean installs, re-installs, rollbacks, etc.

Home stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.