What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcreyn319

Perhaps another simple question...does anyone know how or if dragging and dropping of files into Edge is working? For instance, I cannot drag a file from File Explorer into OneDrive on Edge as I could in Chrome. Thanks!

abcefg

Has any one had strange issues with hibernate on the latest build? It keeps crashing my Surface, such that when I wake it up again it goes back to a blank state. This seems to be the especially bad on the dock.

Kris

Has any one had strange issues with hibernate on the latest build? It keeps crashing my Surface, such that when I wake it up again it goes back to a blank state. This seems to be the especially bad on the dock.
Only strange issue I have is it requires a password no matter what options I select. Could it be part of a the display driver issue that others have been having?

abcefg

Only strange issue I have is it requires a password no matter what options I select. Could it be part of a the display driver issue that others have been having?

I also have that issue, but it appears to be a strange consistency issue that was present in all the builds so far (since 10130 for me). I have been having ongoing issues with the dock since Win 8.1, so it might actually be a hardware issue...

Doomofman

Question for you guys which I'm sure someone will have the answer for me. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10240 (keeping files, apps etc), what now is the best way to do a clean install. Is doing a refresh through the OS the same a clean install or do I really need to do it with an ISO?

Nicola

Question for you guys which I'm sure someone will have the answer for me. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10240 (keeping files, apps etc), what now is the best way to do a clean install. Is doing a refresh through the OS the same a clean install or do I really need to do it with an ISO?
If I were you, I would wait for MS to release a restore image with windows 10. I hope it will not happen too late, since I'm considering it too (to realign partitions and remove all leftover ones from all my back-fort between 8.1 and 10)

Kris

If I were you, I would wait for MS to release a restore image with windows 10. I hope it will not happen too late, since I'm considering it too (to realign partitions and remove all leftover ones from all my back-fort between 8.1 and 10)
agreed unless it is a dire situation I would wait. I have issues and need to do a clean install or reinstall and upgrade but waiting for the final version of Windows 10 to be released.

Doomofman

agreed unless it is a dire situation I would wait. I have issues and need to do a clean install or reinstall and upgrade but waiting for the final version of Windows 10 to be released.

Yeah that makes sense to wait... Mostly just minor issues so they can wait

GTiceman

Unless you really messed with partitions I would only refresh and erase all files. That is what MS is recommending nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.