What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

Does anyone know if Windows 10 will offer a solution similar to Apple's Continuity, where I can receive texts, etc. from my phone on my desktop and on my SP3?

I remember reading something about that, and I think it's something we'll see implemented once Windows 10 Mobile is further along. The new Messaging app that integrates Skype, messaging, and SMS will be one step--we'll just get all of our messages on all of our Windows 10 machines at the same time, something I experience now when my iPad Air 2, iPhone 6, and MacBook Air all notify of SMS messages simultaneously. And I believe we'll see the same thing with calls--again, both because I remember Microsoft saying something about it and because it just makes natural sense.

So, in short, yes, I'll go out on a limb and say that Windows 10 will have "Continuum"-like functionality, only with the exact same OS running on every device. So, it'll work exactly the same way everywhere, something that Apple can't offer given the night-day differences between OS X and iOS.

wynand32

Now that I've been working specifically with OneDrive files over the last few days, I think this performance issue is new to 10240. I don't remember my OneDrive folder responding _this_ slowly. Just opening a file in Word has a seconds-long delay where it's been instantaneous in the past.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Got a System Update.
Firmware 7/23/2015 installed.

image.jpg

wynand32

Huh. My firmware update says it installed correctly, but I didn't see the usual boot update screen. Unless it just flipped through so quickly that I missed it.

In Device Manager, my Surface Pro UEFI is showing version 3.11.950.0. Is that what you folks are seeing after the update?

GTiceman

Huh. My firmware update says it installed correctly, but I didn't see the usual boot update screen. Unless it just flipped through so quickly that I missed it.

In Device Manager, my Surface Pro UEFI is showing version 3.11.950.0. Is that what you folks are seeing after the update?
Same thing all around

Compusmurf

lol, ok I was late. Do we know that this "firmware" was for the main and not for something else, like keyboard or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.