What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmergel

+1 on the System Firmware Update Error 0x80246013. :(

It did install on my S3 without a problem last night. Running 10240 on both.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hoping for a fix to the Firmware Update error for 7/23/2015,
Meanwhile, running a nicely adjusted machine.

Screenshot (99).png

lhauser

hey, sorry for lurking but can you brave and noble testers tell us if it's safe to upgrade or if we should hold off for a few months and let them work out more bugs.

Right now I'm completely happy with 8.1 so I don't want to hurt my experience.

I really don't think you'd be making a bad decision either way. Win10 is rock solid for me, and has been for several weeks now (since the last 101xx release). The only questionable behavior for me is OneDrive, and it's not a dealbreaker. The Edge browser isn't what it needs to be yet, but that will come, and other browsers work just fine.

On the other hand, with a full year of free upgrade, you can afford to wait and see how things shake out, wait for fixes for the rough edges, etc.

So yes, I think it's completely safe. For the majority of us, there are no major bugs to work out.

lhauser

I'm not denying it is useful, let alone the value. For those who use it, it clearly is great, But for me, I live in London where I do not have any internet at home (its complicated, but the rent is cheap, scratch that, affordable. You've got to be daft to opt to live in London, damn women) other than via a 750mb a month phone tethering ability, or I'm at my parents house where internet never even reaches 1mbps upstream, the only viable thingsvi

I've never experienced a speedy OD when on win 10. Because of new builds etc, I was frequently having to re-download my onenote notebook, and it would take minutes to sync a single A4 page.

You live my nightmare.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You live my nightmare.

Mine too :p Was a brutal readjustment going from a cosy house in the countryside with all the bells and whistles, to a tiny room in a shared flat with no internet, no heating, no tv, a landlord who flaunts every law he is supposed to follow as a landlord, oh, and it's in the second worst rated borough of London. Only another 3 years :) I adjusted rather well to a life without internet though (made studying and writing papers at home rather challenging though), fortunately I've about 5Tb of films and tv shows to keep me occupied and a trusty playstation 2 :) got another 5tb drive in the post to try and fill up with my stuff to take back with me.

Just to keep it on topic.. Anyone know how to remove autosuggestions from Edge address bar? I've been vising the same site all day every day since ever, yet I typed in one new variation of the site to access a different section, and now every single time I start typing the addy into the address bar it tries to take me to the new site, despite only ever having visited it once. PITA!

Status
Not open for further replies.