What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

For what it's worth I disabled Cortana, changed the Battery Profile to "Balanced" and removed Indexing from the hard drive and this thing has been running whisper quiet ever since.

RémiM

For what it's worth I disabled Cortana, changed the Battery Profile to "Balanced" and removed Indexing from the hard drive and this thing has been running whisper quiet ever since.

Exactly same settings here, fan is 99% of the time quiet but battery life still not good.

mitchellvii

If it's worth a lot, I'm kinda low on funds right now. Can I pay you later?

Been browsing for about an hour using the notorious heat vampire Firefox and the fan has yet to make a peep using these settings. This as opposed to the fan running full out before just because the computer was on. I also set graphics so MS chooses the best settings.

I don't think this build is a big fan of Flash. If your browser has one (Firefox does called "FlashDisable"), download a plugin to toggle flash on or off.

Last edited:

GTiceman

I actually have Cortana full on, including voice activation. My battery profile was set to Balanced so I agree there. No other changes and mine has been whisper quiet after the first ramp up when I installed.

On anothewr note I followed advice of others and disabled hardware acceleration in Chrome for now as I was having some issues. I am on the March 2014 drivers.

Liam2349

I've just installed the preview today and so far I really like the laptop experience, but I feel like the tablet experience is a downgrade as it stands currently. A few questions:

1. Is it possible to use MUI IE?
2. The new OneNote Preview is quite nice, but can you use it full screen by collapsing the list of pages?
3. Any way to fix the double tap pen button not working properly?

GTiceman

I've just installed the preview today and so far I really like the laptop experience, but I feel like the tablet experience is a downgrade as it stands currently. A few questions:

1. Is it possible to use MUI IE?
2. The new OneNote Preview is quite nice, but can you use it full screen by collapsing the list of pages?
3. Any way to fix the double tap pen button not working properly?

MUI IE doesn't work in W10
Not sure
Mine works fine so I can't help, mind you it is different then W8.1

Derekamoss

Well after trying everything I went to the Microsoft store and had them put an 8.1 image on it. They tried charging me 49.99 dollars for it but luckily I have Microsoft Corporate contacts so was able to forgo that. Still seems expensive though. Only problem is all the recovery partitions are windows 10 so if I screw this setup I am screwed I guess since I could never get the Surface Image recovery tools to boot up from USB on mine. Oh well guess my computer is telling me that it doesn't like the tech preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.