What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B'midbar

Can you tell me the steps for turning off indexing on your drive? Is it A simple switch in system settings?

Open up Windows Explorer, right-click on your "C:" drive, click on Properties, it's a checkbox on the bottom of that screen to turn off search indexing on the drive. Follow the prompts, you're done.

Cask

Why don't you just let the index finish? Once it is done it should work quietly and cool! I like having my search results instantaneously. By the way I am back on Windows 10. A clean install with the August video driver made all the difference. YouTube works, Netflix app works and everything seems fine. Can play video from iTunes and from VLC without any issue and was even able to play Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.

mteich

Hello everyone,

just installed Windows 10. The scaling is still an issue. I had the latest Intel Driver installed and used a custom 1440x960 Resolution. The custom resolutions are gone now. Is it still possible to use the latest Intel Driver with custom resolutions?

thank
Markus

mitchellvii

Why don't you just let the index finish? Once it is done it should work quietly and cool! I like having my search results instantaneously. By the way I am back on Windows 10. A clean install with the August video driver made all the difference. YouTube works, Netflix app works and everything seems fine. Can play video from iTunes and from VLC without any issue and was even able to play Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.

For whatever reason, it seems as if having indexing on, even after it is done initially, is causing heat and fan problems with this build. Ever since doing this no heat or fan for me. Disabling flash in browser unless I need it also seems to have helped.

Liam2349

MUI IE doesn't work in W10
Not sure
Mine works fine so I can't help, mind you it is different then W8.1

Thanks for responding. Seems like the preview isn't yet for me - using this device as a tablet is a bit of a pain at the moment. Hopefully they will sort this out soon, along with the absurd battery usage, but after today I'll be reverting to 8.1.

B

B'midbar

Different strokes for different folks. I myself turn off Windows Indexing for any machine with an SSD. Speed difference is negligible and IMHO not worth the overhead. Depends on how much disk I/O you have and is user-dependent based upon what you do with your machine - your apps, your data.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTiceman

Thanks for responding. Seems like the preview isn't yet for me - using this device as a tablet is a bit of a pain at the moment. Hopefully they will sort this out soon, along with the absurd battery usage, but after today I'll be reverting to 8.1.

We are a bit unsure if MUI IE is going to return as we know it, as they are focusing on Spartan now
OneNote MUI preview is brand new in this form in this build so we shall see
The double click might not return to the previous version, but believe me it still works ... be it some OneNote issues I have with resizing

cosmicarts

how is your power consumption?

power management seems to be a big problem with that latest build...

power.png

m0v1em4n

Hi Guys,

When the SP3 goes into tablet mode, is there any way for it to default to the start desktop.
at the moment when I detach my key board the screen seem to do something not sure what, presuming its defaulting to full screen but stays on the same desktop.
I was presuming that with the continuum that keyboard attached = normal windows desktop and keyboard detached = Tiled desktop for easy app access

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please tell me there is a way to get the search bar back on the start menu! Please? Do not want to have to use the cortana search.

edit: thankyou regedit. That new start menu utterly blew!

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any way to get the old ink sizes back? With onenote i now either have thin, which ends up looking like pigeon scratch, or its medium which is like a felt tip pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.