What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchellvii

Any way to get the old ink sizes back? With onenote i now either have thin, which ends up looking like pigeon scratch, or its medium which is like a felt tip pen.

Only way right now is to use SurfaceHub app and dial up pen sensitivity. I'm not liking new OneNote at all.

wynand32

Only way right now is to use SurfaceHub app and dial up pen sensitivity. I'm not liking new OneNote at all.

Oddest thing is, I've done both an upgrade from Win8.1 and a clean install from ISO, and I still have the "old" MUI OneNote. No idea how you people are getting the "new" version.

bluegrass

Please tell me there is a way to get the search bar back on the start menu! Please? Do not want to have to use the cortana search.

edit: thankyou regedit. That new start menu utterly blew!

I don't think you need a search bar. When I'm on the start menu, all I ever do is start typing in the text entry window on the task bar. It's magic how much it can find for you.

bluegrass

Any way to get the old ink sizes back? With onenote i now either have thin, which ends up looking like pigeon scratch, or its medium which is like a felt tip pen.

You can still run OneNote 2013 desktop to all the line thicknesses anyone would want.

bluegrass

Oddest thing is, I've done both an upgrade from Win8.1 and a clean install from ISO, and I still have the "old" MUI OneNote. No idea how you people are getting the "new" version.

I got the new OneNote after I updated my Preview build to 9926. You're not really missing much. As a matter of fact, the general consensus is that the new build is only partially finished. It lacks quite a bit of what the last OneNote MUI had and certainly not anywhere near the 2013 desktop version of OneNote.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can still run OneNote 2013 desktop to all the line thicknesses anyone would want.

And now i have to re-do all my favourite pens. Bit annoying. Not to mention the inking issue with onenote 2013 means that unless i fancy repeatedly writing the same sentence, then MUI onnote is the only way to go (which is annoying as in landscape a third of the screen is taken up with the notes panel.

With regard to a new version of MUI onenote, i don't have one, exactly as it's always been other than the inking is no a bit fubar.

And while some have no issue using the search button on the taskbar, i hate it, i like to be able to do as i've always done, and just type in an app name etc if it's not already on my top apps displayed in the start menu. It just doesn't work for me, start button doesn't activate the search bar, it activates the start menu, where ther was always a field you could instantly start searching for, and i don't take this whole "get used to it" argument, that's why windows 8 was such a flop in the first place, removing features that people were used to and wanted and just telling them to get over it. But you say i had better get used to it, you seem confident in it not changing. I don't agree with this.

And i also see what people are saying about battery, my device went from 80% to 30% in 45 minutes somehow without even using the thing. Hopefully it sorts itself out, i do enjoy 10 compared to 8 :)

Last edited:

Liam2349

We are a bit unsure if MUI IE is going to return as we know it, as they are focusing on Spartan now
OneNote MUI preview is brand new in this form in this build so we shall see
The double click might not return to the previous version, but believe me it still works ... be it some OneNote issues I have with resizing

I found the new OneNote to be pretty bad. Images wouldn't resize at all and I had to keep tapping the screen with the eraser to erase stuff - pretty annoying.

I'm safely restored to an image of my old 8.1 build now so pretty happy to have an efficient tablet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.