What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RémiM

And the 2 fingers scroll on IE11 is intermitently working/not working.

Not very happy with this update right now.

RémiM

Is IE still there (in case Spartan crashes and dies)?
I'm downloading it now, but it makes me wonder... maybe I should have been on the slow ring. Build 10041 works fine for me, I'm afraid a new build so fast will screw it up.

Affirmative Sir !

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So far so good, really liking Spartan brings back most of what was lost from MUI IE.... this Build seems stable so far. Love inking on Spartan.

ScottyS

Anybody sit at 30% for a long, looong time?
Mine sat at 3% for over 20 minutes, was wondering if it was stuck trying to divide by zero.
Spartan hasn't crashed (yet) but the title bar context menu opens at the top of the screen (like it thinks it's in tablet mode).
And Windows Update says another restart is scheduled.

(oh, and no fan blasting, I may like this build)

mitchellvii

Whats a little weird is that the update took so long to install and yet it doesn't seem much different. Still only the barest of functionality on the Start Menu. As a matter of fact, seem they reduced the transparency levels to almost opaque.

wynand32

Wow, 10049 is a bit of a regression. Spartan is surprisingly feature-incomplete. Lots and lots of stuff doesn't work (syncing and default tabs being two things), and while I'm sure it will be nice one day isn't much of a preview version.

But, more important, things are very unstable. Touch in particular is problematic--in a number of apps (Spartan, IE at least) some on-screen elements just don't respond to touch. Had to switch to the keyboard to even enter this site's URL to come here. It's pretty wonky switching in and out of tablet mode. Seriously, just messy.

Really wishing I'd stayed with 10041 for now, but at least it's looking like we won't have to wait too long between builds.

Edit: Okay, did a two-button shutdown, and the touch issues went away. So, I suggest doing so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.