What's new

Windows 8 Mail, People, Calendar apps get minor (but welcome) updates

guitar1969

Where did the cut command go in the Mail app

Did anyone notice that since the update you can't cut text. The menu option on the bottom hs copy/paste but no cut command, andyou used to be able to hold your finger on highlighted text and a popup would allow you to cut or copy the text. Can't do it anymore -how lame is that?

souldier

Souldier,

That referenced Settings> Options, is correct and will control the colors. But first you must actually have different calendars created in Outlook.com's Hotmail Calendar. Once you create a new calendar you will have options available to show it in different colors. I use 6 of them. Be advised that the more the merrier is not necessarily true.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know you have to create new calendars. I think they should really provide the simple functionality of changing colors or creating categories for different events rather than having to make a completely new calendar just to have a different calendar.

J515OP

Super Moderator
New discovery since update?

1. On the Start screen swipe up and go to all apps.
2. Pinch to zoom out (fingers apart and pinch together).
3. Semantic zoom just like Music app!

I don't remember this before :big smile:

FFX

New discovery since update?

1. On the Start screen swipe up and go to all apps.
2. Pinch to zoom out (fingers apart and pinch)

I don't remember this before :big smile:

These have been here from the start :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
These have been here from the start :)

I wasn't sure, I never zoomed out that far. Zoom out on Start and all apps view with the icons is enough to see what I need never went to the next level up before.

630_semantic_zoom_after.jpg

ecejdt

At least for me the solution proposed by Stephen Paul Adams is completely useless because of the long time between syncing.

Is there any other solution not based in calendar suscription?

Regards

Juan