What's new

Windows Store won't launch on Surface 2

PKappes

I selected the Windows Store today. The Splash Screen came up with the shopping bag and the spinning dots. Those dots are still spinning and have been for the last hour..... Apparently something is corrupted. The rest of this little device appears to run quite well.

Any thoughts as to what can be done to fix this issue?

Thanks!
pk

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Assuming you know you have a good Internet connection try restarting and try again.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
and it that doesn't work from the search charm run wsreset.exe and see if it works now....

OP
P

PKappes

Sorry Jnjroach & Leeshor.... attempted both. Only got a Splash Screen with the shopping bag and twirling dots.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Slow Internet or DNS can cause this symptom as well as any of these:

it could also be you have Updates Pending, you've or worse something else disabled the Firewall or User Account Control or for whatever reason Windows isn't showing Activated.

Are you using a Microsoft Account or a Local Account?

leeshor

You may even want to test it somewhere other than your normal WiFi connection. Your router-setttings may be suspect.

OP
P

PKappes

Hmmmm..... In addition to my Surface 2, I also have a Surface Pro. Windows Store comes up just fine on my Surface Pro.

Leeshor, would that rule out Router or WiFi settings as a suspect?

JnJRoach, Yes, I log in with my Microsoft Account (simplifies lots of things). SpeedTest.net shows 16Mbps download and 5.8Mbps upload. Is that fast enough?

No updates are available at this time. NOTE: when I 1st encountered the problem, I looked for new updates, downloaded them but it didn't change the situation.

Did I miss something?

Thanks for your continued assistance in this matter.
Paul

OP
P

PKappes

Hmmm... a refresh, rollback, or reset due to a single application; seems a bit extreme... even if it is an application installer...

Thanks. I'll give it a shot...

leeshor

It is extreme, no question. But you need to weigh how much time you may spend looking for an answer against what will likely be a sure fix in this case.